X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well You Dragged Me Here From <X>!

Had a fun one today >.<

I had just gotten back from lunch and reading Cold Days when I encountered this customer.

Me =
    RC = ranty customer
    M = manager

Me: Hi, how you doing today?
    RC: Where are your silk undersocks?
    Me: Silk undersocks?
    RC: Yeah, I called up here and some guy told me that you sold 'em. So where the hell are they?
    Me: We don't sell those here, but we do have these... *points out our liner socks*
    RC: NO! I called ahead and a guy told me that you had them! So where are they damnit?
    Me: We do sell silk underwear and undershirts, but not undersocks. We might be able to order them...
    RC: You dragged me here all the way from <X> (which is only 45 minutes to a hour away); you better damn well have it!
    Me: Well, do you remember who you talked to...?
    RC: Hell no! You think I wrote down his name or something?!
    Me: Well, let me got talk to my co-worker...

At this point, after having been cussed at several times, I just wanted him gone. So tried to find out if my co-worker, the only male on the floor, had talked to him; no. So grabbed my manager who was walking by and told her what was happening. I was nearby for part of their conversation.

M: I'm sorry, sir, but I can't sell you what we don't have.
    RC: A guy back here told me you had it, so you better damn well have it!
    M: Sir, I won't have you talking to me or my outfitters like that. If you continue, I'm going to have to ask you leave the store.
    RC: Get me my socks! Or I'm calling corporate!
    M: Go ahead then!

I walked away at this point, but a bit later I heard:

RC: She don't know what she was talking about!
    M: Sir, she does. She cannot sell you what we don't have. Now, the guy who you spoke to may not have, but she definitely does.

He eventually left after that.

Best line, I think, of the whole exchange, was his protest that we had dragged him to the store somehow. Really? I don't want you here with that attitude!
    My NaNo page

My author blog

And he drive 45 minutes to buy something he doesn't even know what it is? Really? Ever heard of google?

Comment

should have responded 'I'm sorry sir, the police have already arrested that dealer and are now looking for any of his customers, would you mind waiting while I call and let them know someone is here looking for 'silk socks'?

would have been fun to see if he ran...

Comment

Well, the fun thing is, the company does sell them.

We just don't have them at our store.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

No no no, you got it all wrong. The customer was obviously thinking 1 of 2 things....
          1. You were hiding them somewhere from him on purpose.
          2. He expected you to magically pull them out of your ass or something and sell them to him.
          By the way, how dare you make the poor customer drive all the way out to your store for an item you don't even sell

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
            2. He expected you to magically pull them out of your ass or something and sell them to him.
            Although, if you had pulled them out of your ass, he would have expected a discount for wear and tear...
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

undersocks? hell i've never heard of those either. i just wear socks. if i need something under them it'll just be another pair of socks. or i'll just wear one pair that's adequate

Comment

He shouldn't have jumped ugly with you.

I have to add, though, that if I called ahead to check on the availability of something, drove 45 minutes to get it only to find out that the store didn't stock it, I can certainly understand the frustration and disbelief. It's 45 minutes home, too, and the gas wasn't cheap.

The last time I was with someone trying to find a specific item though, she was clever. Calling from one location to another for a specific shoe in a specific size, after determining it was in the store's inventory, she asked, "Can I have an employee get a visual on this item so I don't drive there by mistake?" Saved so much trouble, since the item was waiting at the service counter when we got there.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Could someone please explain undersocks?

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                    The last time I was with someone trying to find a specific item though, she was clever. Calling from one location to another for a specific shoe in a specific size, after determining it was in the store's inventory, she asked, "Can I have an employee get a visual on this item so I don't drive there by mistake?" Saved so much trouble, since the item was waiting at the service counter when we got there.
                    Ah, yes, but that's actually using your brain and logic. Neither of which SCs posses.

And chances are, they were talking to another store, either the same company as the OP or another company altogether.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I guess undersocks are "sock liners"....which, yeah, why not just wear a second pair of socks??
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        I guess undersocks are "sock liners"....which, yeah, why not just wear a second pair of socks??
                        Because silk ones are supposed to work better at keeping your feet warm than anything else. In theory they are. My sister, who skis, does not agree.

Comment

Sock liners are basically long-johns or basewear for your feet. Silk is supposed to wick moisture away quickly which should in theory keep your feet dry which should in theory keep your feet warmer. That's why you see a lot of base layer stuff made out of silk or silk like material. In theory if you dress with the right base layer, mid layer, outer layer they should all work together to help keep you warm and dry. In theory.

Comment

In theory, though, anything that is not cotton will work just as well. And all of our socks are either merino or polyester. Silk just feels nicer, I guess?

Doubling socks, I get. It's warmer.

Layering socks specially? That's strange.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                              Layering socks specially? That's strange.
                              If you wear a thin pair of socks under a thick pair it helps to prevent blisters as the outer sock rubs against the liner, rather than your skin. If you wear silk it grips your skin but allows the fabric to slide.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X