This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
    Working in theater, I've discovered that if you do a little research you can get fur pelts of various kinds through culling programs in forest preserves and national parks. One theater I worked at got a couple of coyote pelts for a costume that way. At least it's not for profit that way.
    Another source that museums use (and presumably some theatres) is zoos. Sooner or later, all their animals die - of old age, if nothing else - and it's better for a museum or a veterinary hospital to have the use of the corpse than for it to be wasted.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I have this scarf: http://www.lazyoaf.co.uk/blog/wp-con...xtra_1_lrg.jpg

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Honestly some fox stoles can look very very nice, it's just not nice on how you get them now a days. The ones gotten when every piece of the fox was used were much more humane.
        Not if you were the fox.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          I'd sooner have a fake one; would look fun and cartoony. Whereas a real one just looks... ick.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houseofsecrets/3110587340/
          Oh my god...so they finally got Basil Brush!
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Update: Girlfriend came in yesterday and picked up the item. She's a little mortified by the whole thing. She knows what the genuine item looks like, but Mr. M saw this in the gun store, and thought she might like it.

She deserves better, I think.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
              Update: Girlfriend came in yesterday and picked up the item. She's a little mortified by the whole thing. She knows what the genuine item looks like, but Mr. M saw this in the gun store, and thought she might like it.

She deserves better, I think.
              I imagine you mean both a better fur item and a better boyfriend.

Although in a way your boss is setting you up for failure too.

Yes, Mr. M's issues stem from the fact that he demands alterations that look like shit. However I can't help but wonder.... now that he's got a bug up his ass about you, any time one of his shit-ideas gets handed to you to work on, will he end up using it against you?

Comment

No, Boss 2 knows what's up. The next time I saw him after the tirade, I walked in and asked, "Did colleague tell you about my encounter with Mr. M?"

He put his head down into his hands and started to laugh. He's dealt with the fellow for some years. And he's a genius, Boss is. He'd do something himself if he thought I couldn't, because he's all about the customer getting what s/he wants. And he's a genius about finessing folks, too.

I adore Boss 2. I like Boss 1, too.

Comment

Working...
                X