X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few from the weekend

TV is "Broken"! *RAGES*

SC storms up to the front desk and throws his key at me.

SC: "Give me anther room! I got shafted! The TV isn't working!"
    Me: "Did you try the remote?" (Note: On our TVs, the buttons on them are very cheaply made and often break within a week of us getting a new TV, so you have to use the remotes.)
    SC: "Of course! It doesn't work! I need a new room!"
    This guy checked in 6 hours earlier, and the housekeepers are just finishing up a very long day. I'm not going to move him and have another room for them to clean if I can help it.
    Me: "Why don't I try sending someone up there to see if they can get it working. Let's try that first, m'kay?" *hands the key back*

SC storms back up to his room. I radio Head Housekeeper. I have her stop by the office before she heads up to get some remote batteries, since 99% of the time that's the issue.

Head Housekeeper went up to the room only to discover SC had "fixed" the TV. $5 says he lied about trying to use the remote.

Wherein I am supposed to be psychic

(One thing I *hate* is when I give my greeting, and the guest just silently shoves/throws a credit card or a reservation sheet in my face. It's just plain rude.)

This SC...it was like pulling teeth to figure out what he wanted.

SC enters lobby.
    Me: "Hi, how can I help you?"
    SC silently hands me a paper with a corporate account number on it that tells me absolutely nothing except his company has a corporate account with us.
    Me: *waits patiently for him to tell me how I can help him*
    SC: *tapping fingers*
    Me: "....do you have a reservation?"
    SC: "No."
    Me: ...
    SC: ...
    Me: "...so what kind of room do you need?"
    SC: *huffs and sighs* "Single nonsmoking."
    Me: "Can I see you ID please?"
    SC: *annoyed sigh*

Lather, rinse, and repeat throughout the whole check-in process.

Paying is inconvenient

SC called to make a reservation for her son. She mentioned she's stayed with us before. So, she should know that my chain requires payment upon check-in.

SC: "And I'll be there in the morning to pay for it or whatever."
    Me: "Does your son not have his own payment? Because we do require payment at check-in, and the card would physically have to be here to run it."
    SC: "Ugh, FINE! I'll be there! This is really inconvenient. I live in [city 25 miles away], you know! Ugh, you're going to make me go through all that traffic!"

When she showed up to pay for the room, she was fairly pleasant but kept whining about how much she hated traffic, as if that was suppose to somehow guilt me into bending policy for the next time. It didn't work, because (1) that policy is solidly inflexible, no matter how much she whines, (2) one of Hubby's job sites is in the city she lives in, and I have made that commute many times, and on a Sunday afternoon traffic is really not bad at all (like, almost nonexistent), and (3) she was talking about how her son was travelling via Seattle. Compared to Seattle, our little county doesn't have traffic. Don't piss and moan about your measly little commute and mention Seattle in the same sentence if you're plying for sympathy.

Rude psycho man is rude and psycho

This guy probably deserves his own thread, but I'll just briefly state what happened Saturday night. This guy has a host of medical issues, both mental and physical. He has been staying with us for about a month.

Other MOD was staying in the room next to him. She went and got pizza, and decided to stop by his room to see if he wanted any food because she wasn't sure if he'd been eating lately. When she got to his room, she'd discovered he'd fallen on the floor and he couldn't get up. She couldn't lift his dead weight with her own health issues, so she called EMS. They came and got him righted.

Later that night, she hears him calling for help. He'd fallen again. She calls EMS. When EMS arrives, she can hear this guy yelling at them and calling them "f**king bastards", among other things. She said one of the EMTs went out to get the gurney, and just yanked it out of the back of the ambulance and chucked it on the ground. This SC was clearly getting on their nerves. SC was taken away to the hospital.

EMS has told us he needs to be in assisted care. Well, no shit, Sherlock, but what do you expect us to do about it? Our options involve kicking him to the curb, not paying for his assisted care.

We're having a Customer Appreciation Day this week, and Boss Lady is planning on inviting people in the community as well. There will be cookies, contests, and tours of display rooms. I left a note saying she should invite the Fire Dept and EMS to come have some cookies for dealing with that guy.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    EMS has told us he needs to be in assisted care. Well, no shit, Sherlock, but what do you expect us to do about it? Our options involve kicking him to the curb, not paying for his assisted care.
    Exactly. That's an issue for social work at the hospital to work through. If he qualifies for Medicaid, he can probably get into a skilled nursing facility.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

We have this customer come in every once in a while and it's always revolving around the same issue: cell phones. And every time I see him, there's always a complaint and/or bitching. Here's a thought, don't buy a damn cell phone!

Comment

Working...
      X