Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbors from hell got new dogs . . . damn!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbors from hell got new dogs . . . damn!

One of my neighbors is the neighbor from hell.

When I first bought my house four years ago, I knew he had two pit bulls, but I had no idea how vicious and dangerous they were until after I moved in.

They barked non-stop. All day. All night. They would try and get through TWO fences to get at me anytime I went into my back yard. I couldn't enjoy my very nice deck and yard.

Complaints went on deaf ears. Calls to Animal Control did nothing. For TWO years I lived with this.

Finally, I tried using one of those sonic devices that goes off with every bark. It took awhile for it to sink in, but it took care of most of the boredom and territorial barking, except when I was on the deck.

One day, when they were actually starting to DIG under the two fences to get at me, I caught Owner in the back yard and pointed out to him what they were doing.

Me: Let me make this plain. If your dogs end up in my back yard, I WILL shoot them both.

Suddenly, the digging problem was solved. Not the barking though.

However, when one of the suddenly disappeared (which happened about once a year when they were bred; both dogs were intact, and the female when indoors when pregnant) and didn't return the howling got to be too much. I also noticed that their crate was so decrepit it was no longer good shelter. Animal Control took note of that, and the male dog vanished, never to return.

Ah, a year of blissful silence. I could enjoy my yard in peace. Have cookouts. Use my hammock in the small wooded space (very pleasant).

Last week, they got two new dogs. Both intact. One female, the other male.

The male is vicious. The female is friendly, seems sweet tempered.

Clearly, both are used to being indoor dogs. They have whined and barked non stop every since being put out there. They have no shelter at all, and it has been raining all week.

I've called the cops to complain every day. Been quiet today. Don't know what happened.

Stay tuned, but I hope the owners have finally realized the neighbors are sick of their shit and aren't going to take it any more.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

You have to wonder what it takes for idiots like that to be banned from ever owning dogs, ever again.

You didn't get rid of that sonic device, did you ...

Comment

I hope the dogs somehow wind up with someone who will care for them properly... and that your neighbors move away
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I agree; this doesn't sound like a person who should have animals. Hope the situation gets taken care of, one way or another, especially if they have no shelter.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The neighbors are just plain irresponsible owners. I wonder why the complaints to animal control have fallen on deaf ears?
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            You have to wonder what it takes for idiots like that to be banned from ever owning dogs, ever again.

You didn't get rid of that sonic device, did you ...
            I often wonder, and yes, I still have the sonic device. But the battery had gone dead so I had to get through one night until I could get to the store and get a battery (didn't want to drive in the storm). I went out back to replace the sonic device this afternoon when I got home from work. The dog run's gate was wide open, no sign of the dogs. It makes me wonder if Animal Control didn't take the dogs after my repeated complaints about their lack of shelter.

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
            I hope the dogs somehow wind up with someone who will care for them properly... and that your neighbors move away
            I've been hoping those neighbors would lose their house to foreclosure like some other folks in that neighborhood have (big houses, poorly made, sold for too much money = foreclosure around here), but no such luck. I'm sure that sounds terrible to wish someone would lose their house. But these neighbors are sucky on more levels than just the dogs, and the cops are frequent visitors.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
            The neighbors are just plain irresponsible owners. I wonder why the complaints to animal control have fallen on deaf ears?
            We have a very good nuisance animal ordinance. But Animal Control is understaffed and poorly funded. The County just gives lip service to the law, and only picks up strays, tracks down possible rabid animals, and deals with the really serious animal crime. Nuisance animals are allowed to run rampant, and folks around here seem to think it's their God Give Right to annoy the hell out of everyone around them with their unsocialized, loud, vicious dogs.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the dogs don't come back.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I've seen local cases where someone was told by the courts they couldn't have pets and they got them anyway.

What are the laws like in your area in regard to shooting vicious animals that attack? Will the law protect you if you have to shoot?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I've seen local cases where someone was told by the courts they couldn't have pets and they got them anyway.

What are the laws like in your area in regard to shooting vicious animals that attack? Will the law protect you if you have to shoot?
                I'm pretty sure it will. North Carolina has pretty liberal gun laws (no Fratching please). Although there is no "Stand your ground" law, I doubt a DA would file charges in such a situation and if they did, no jury would convict, not in this state.

Comment

Working...
                X