This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth draggar View Post
    Good luck with it - while no cancer is good, testicular cancer does have a high cure rate. As long as it hasn't spread anywhere else (and spreading isn't common with this form of cancer) you should be in the clear when this treatment is done (hopefully your treatments will go smoothly).

You have every right to vent - cancer is nothing to joke about and can be very serious (and extremely serious when you have it). Stay positive - it's been proven (well, observationally but not scientifically) that a positive attitude (and even thinking about beating the cancer) has improved healing rates.

When your treatment(s) are all done and there are no signs of it coming back you can look back and say "I beat cancer". I know a few people who have and it is a self confidence boost.

Not only that, this thread can act as a reminder for everyone to get checked / screened when they should.
    THIS!!!
    A guy friend of mine had testicular cancer in his teens, one was removed. After that, totally kosher, everything worked (wink wink nudge nudge). No sign of it at all.
    And Draggar's right - you boys check your balls. JUST the balls, at least once a month. Another guy friend..I had to tell him..uh..you're lopsided down there. He hadn't checked/noticed. He went to doc, hydrocele. (water on your testicle) Easy fix!

Girls, check your girls.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
      - you boys check your balls.

Girls, check your girls.
      can't i check hubby's boys too?
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        can't i check hubby's boys too?
        Sure! But men get REALLLY defensive if you tell them, Honey, your balls have issues!
        My ex didn't like it. TMI Warning, in white. One day we had fun, and I found out he was lopsided. I asked him, do you know you're lopsided in there? He said nooooo. I asked, don't you play with those??? He said noooooo. I said, well, there's something abnormal, this is a go to doctor check thing. Before the surgery to fix it, it had swollen up past a ping pong ball size. Poor guy!

He feels (hah hah) himself much better.

Comment

Finally got the results, as of right now, at least from the waist up..no signs of cancer. Yay!
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Dude, that's awesome news! Thanks for a bit of good news today.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Yay!!!! Good News!!
              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I think we need a 'happy dance' smiley.... meanwhile I'll just
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Guess it is more from the groin area up *laughs*, but I am sure people knew what I meant.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That's great Mytical!!
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Aww Myt! Finally some good news. Yay! *gentle hugs*
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Wooohooo! So no more groining about issues down there. :P

Comment

Wonderful.
                          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            Finally got the results, as of right now, at least from the waist up..no signs of cancer. Yay!
                            Awesome news, Mytical!

Comment

Great news. That's one thing you won't have to worry about any more.

Comment

Huzzah! TWO pints raised to that news!

Comment

Working...
                                X