This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus

I saw the midnight show while I was at work tonight. Anyone else seen it yet?

My verdict: good looking, but kinda muddled.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

It's not out here yet but I am excited to see; it's an Alien prequel (maybe?) and has a trio of awesome youngish actors: Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender and Guy Pearce.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Am hoping for good things in the near future.

Rapscallion

Comment

From what I heard it is supposed to be a prequel set at an unknown time before the first one, me and my friends all liked the other ones so we're going to see this one.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

There are a couple of things that set up for Alien and then there are others that are different.

It looks and feels like an Alien movie. It is absolutely set in the same universe as the other movies.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Prometheus

Not overly impressed, actually. Just saying.

Rapscallion

Comment

Going by the critic comments on Rotten Tomatoes, it looks like this might be one of those films that you either love or hate, and that may get more interesting with repeated viewings.

I have no first-hand, yet, but hope to catch it in 3D.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Looked good, well acted, but massive plot holes.
                Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I was considering going to see this, but if it's a prequel of sorts to 'Alien' I probably won't. While I enjoyed 'Alien' well enough, I'm so over the 'squicky alien monster' thing...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The local reviewers here said that if you want to enjoy the film you have to lower your expectations (don't think of it as a prequel to the Alien movies).
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I thought it was really good, it did feel like parts of the film were missing as the some charatector develpment was missing.

For example why did Charlie all of sudden start hitting the bottle, there was no build up to and it was not explained well why he was upset.
                      I get the feeling when the DVD and blu ray is released there may be extras with some deleted scenes, or an extended verison

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        I was considering going to see this, but if it's a prequel of sorts to 'Alien' I probably won't. While I enjoyed 'Alien' well enough, I'm so over the 'squicky alien monster' thing...
                        the xenomorphs don't exist yet in prometheus.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I liked it. It was pretty much a 4 out of 5 for me. I've seen some people wonder if it's actually a prequel to Alien. And then I'm like, really? Did you not see the movie?
                          DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
                          Nicholas Angel: Like who?
                          DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
                          Nicholas Angel: Who else?
                          DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

It's set in the same world as Alien and it's set prior to the events that happened in Alien, but from what I understand, it's not a direct prequel as such.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hmm. We saw it in 3D - pretty good, even tho I had to wear the glasses over my glasses .

Liked it a lot. Ended up discussing a lot of Alien-lore with the BF and watching the original on dvd that night.

and yes - it's not really a "prequel" exactly. not the way that say... "The Thing" prequel lead *directly* into the opening scenes of the earlier movie. without giving too many spoilers, it's basically the same universe, at an earlier point in history.

oh and i rather liked how Mags played David the AI. He was really good in emulating someone who wasn't altogether human.
                              (yes i mentally call him 'mags' - i'm sure Magneto would kill me for it tho! )

Comment

Working...
                              X