Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 most embarrassing things about yourself.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Oh, come on now. I have to believe you kinda did. No, not pry them out of people who don't want them pried out, but when you start asking people for their most embarrassing moments, you gotta be looking for some juicy stories, don't ya think? I know I would be. Maybe I'm wrong....it's been known to happen.
    To be honest, nope. Ya really think my 5 are the absolute MOST embarassing things about me? I just wanted to see if anyone, y'know, cries at movies/TV shows, or has a guilty pleasure, or has never done anything that everyone expects you to do. Never expected any deep dark confessions.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

hmmm...

1) Some of the fanfic pairings I like make others go "WTF" (or offend the original author in some cases ) And hell let's just toss in my whole fanfic addition too. Seriously it's big enough it could sustain its own thread probably.
      2) I can burp louder than most men - if I'm hiccuping
      3) My car is usually horribly messy
      4) I dislike being caught on video cameras
      5) I still daydream a lot.

Once I asked my friend to send me a bunch of Duncan/Methos Highlander slashfics. And I read them ALL. And enjoyed them.
      Ooo I'm not the only fanfic fan here i see. Have you ever read MacLeod / MacGyver fanfics? The ones I found weren't slash but the guys were best friends. The only weird part was both are nicknamed "Mac" so the author had to pick which one to get the nickname and which one had the full last name. (IIRC Duncan got "Mac" and MacGyver had the last name)
      Last edited by PepperElf; 06-11-2012, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        I cried at the new Star Trek movie. When Kirk's dad died. Shut up I was pregnant at the time!
        I did too, in the theater. I wasn't pregnant.

I still can't watch that scene (now that I have the DVD) without needing to try my best to suppress the godamn tears. I'm still not pregnant.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
          To be honest, nope. Ya really think my 5 are the absolute MOST embarassing things about me? I just wanted to see if anyone, y'know, cries at movies/TV shows, or has a guilty pleasure, or has never done anything that everyone expects you to do. Never expected any deep dark confessions.
          Point taken. My bad.

And I'm not pregnant either.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I cried at the new Star Trek movie. When Kirk's dad died. Shut up I was pregnant at the time!
            Quoth Mel View Post
            I did too, in the theater. I wasn't pregnant.

I still can't watch that scene (now that I have the DVD) without needing to try my best to suppress the godamn tears. I'm still not pregnant.
            Well, it was designed to be an emotional scene, and it was a great movie, so I don't see that as too embarassing.

Quoth Jester View Post
            Point taken. My bad.

And I'm not pregnant either.
            Ah, but did you cry at Star Trek?

SC
            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
              Ah, but did you cry at Star Trek?
              Just about...because it was that damn bad.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth chrislb View Post
                I'm kinda like the count on sesame street. I like to count things. Any things. Its almost compulsory to me.
                I do that a bit too, mainly when I'm doing something - like if I'm foldng a bunch of towels, I'll count as I go, or if I have to climb a high staircase I'll count the steps. My grandfather had OCD, and in several ways I swear I have just a teeny fraction of an OCD gene from him

Nope, doesn't count, when you're pregnant, you can cry at a TV commercial

I am terrified of centipedes.
                Try to avoid Arizona. When I lived in Tombstone they had to call everyone off the football field at PE now and then, when someone found a poisonous centipede (and those things were huge, too). We had all sorts of unusual fun wildlife there

Quoth stephenr View Post
                3. I am ocd when it comes to dvd's. I have all my dvds seperated by sports to movies to tv shows. I even have them in alphabetical order.
                I consider it "good organizational skills" (in truth, it's a total lack of patience about having to take time to look thru them all when I want one ). I have movies in one place, American TV shows in another, and UK TV shows in another. And yep, each section is alphabetized. Oh, and until recently I had all the disney and that type movies separate so the granddaughter knew what she could watch (she''s now graduated to "real" movies like Harry Potter & Pirates of the Carribean )

Quoth Mytical View Post
                5. I once had a collection of over 200 unicorn figurines. I'm down to under 50 now though.
                Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                2) I collect unicorns too Mytical!!! I started when I was a teen and still love them.
                I used to collect unicorns as well, way back when they were still rare
                My first one was around 1971, it was an incense burner that came with incense of my favourite perfume, had to save weeks for that one. I had figurines, posters, books, all sorts of things, but they became way too popular in the later 70's, and were everywhere, so I got rid of most of them (I still have that incense burner). When things are too easy to find, there's no challenge, and I usually stop collecting that. I like the unusual, not the common. Course, they aren't as common now as they were in the late 70's.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                Not going to count how many posters I had, though now I am down to 0..lost every one of them over time.
                At one time, as a teenage girl, I think my peak was 127 "posters" (full page from teen mags or larger) in my small bedroom - walls, furniture, even the ceiling. Mostly, Peter Noone, Mark Lindsay, Billy Joe Royal, and a few others (and if you're too young to know who these are, you probably dont' care anyway )

4) I HATE having my picture taken and will take any steps necessary to ensure that when somebody has a camera, I'm standing far BEHIND them.
                I'm the same way with regular photos - I'm trying to do better, cause looking thru all our photos from trips we've taken over the years, in the future no one will even know I was there, I'm always the one taking the photos instead.

5) At the age of 40 I still technically "live with my parents" - though I have my own apartment/suite in their basement and pay my own rent/hydro/food, work and have my own vehicle. Its a situation that works for all of us as my rent helps pay their mortgage, and I'm around to do yardwork/housework/errands for my folks as they're getting to that age when things are becoming more difficult.
                I wouldn't be the least embarrased over this one. That isn't the typical "still trying to be a kid and taking no responsibility" type of living at home. Basically your parents are your landlords. You pay your own way, take care of yourself, and you have your own space that doesn't intrude on their space, and in addition, you help them out with things that are hard for them. It sounds to me that they get as much from the arrangement as you do. Anyone asks where you live, you can truthfully just say "I rent a small apartment". No embarrasment in that, in fact I'd call it a positive thing. As your parents get older, they'll be able to stay in their own home much longer than most, with you so close by to help out.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  Try to avoid Arizona. When I lived in Tombstone they had to call everyone off the football field at PE now and then, when someone found a poisonous centipede (and those things were huge, too).
                  That sounds like it might be unique to that part of Arizona, as I don't remember every dealing with anything like that, or even centipedes in general that much, when I lived in the Phoenix area.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Me neither. If anything, maybe scorpions.

Ok my turn!

1) I am terrified of the movie 'Honey I shrunk the kids'
                    2) I am unable to watch Smallville
                    3) I like the stuff Robert D. Cardona worked on, particularly the old stuff.
                    4) I can't stand having zits so I can't help but pop them. Even worse if you let me pop yours. (J knows this)
                    5) I believe I'm still scared of crickets (besides spiders anyway)

Bonus one!

I have not seen any of the Alien movies.
                    Last edited by Caffienated_Caramel; 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

1) I WILL have nightmares if I watch a "horror movie"
                      2) I am terrified of bugs - except Flutterbys...but even they can startle me...
                      3) I still sleep with a stuffed animal - and have to take one with me if I'm not sleeping at home
                      4) I shock my mom every time I burp - cause its loud (my folks call me "Frat-chick")
                      5) I am OCD about my kitchen - the rest of the apt, less so
                      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        That sounds like it might be unique to that part of Arizona, as I don't remember every dealing with anything like that, or even centipedes in general that much, when I lived in the Phoenix area.
                        Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                        Me neither. If anything, maybe scorpions.
                        Yeah, we had a lot of things in Tombstone that we never even had when I lived in Tucson. Poisonous centipedes, scorpions, terrantulas, rattle snakes, vinnegroons (sp? harmless, but ugly as sin), skunks, gila monsters.... And those are only the things I actually saw myself. And I didn't live there all that long, either. It was unique, to say the least.

Madness takes it's toll....
                        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Let's see....

I'm very ocd about a lot of things. DVD's I have arranged alphabetically or by release year depending on whether I have them grouped by an actor or not. CDs I have alphabetical by artist and then by release date.

I absolutely love Star Trek TOS, and enjoy TNG, Voyager and Enterprise. I have zero respect for the Star Trek movie however. Can't do it.

I will get caught up in an artist or song and listen to them repeatedly until people around me are ready to kill

I can't function well in a group of people I have no idea what to do or how to interact. Never learned.

If I don't follow my morning routine exactly i will forget vital things like taking meds, getting lunch together for work or something else. If I get distracted or deviate I'm screwed.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I used to be OCD about my music. Whether it was LP's, cassettes, or CD's, had them alphabetical by artist, and within each artist, chronologically.

My bookcases killed any chance for me to be that anal with my books, as the books vary in sizes a lot, and won't always fit where they "should" be filed. So for that reason, my book filing system is far less OCD than it might otherwise have been if all my books had been the same size (as CD's are). It is a rather random system, that only I really understand, but if you are looking for something, it IS grouped with other things of its type.....although *I* am the one who determines what goes where. So, yeah....not so OCD in my filing any more.

Still A Customer."

Comment

So... 5 most embarrassing things I'll cop to, hm?

5: I'm a slacker. This bleeds into pretty much everything and I have to fight with myself just to get things done. >_<

4: I can't remember people. Unless I've known you for a couple of months or you are exceedingly memorable, I won't know your name, and might not even recognize you. >_>

3: I sometimes pick my nose. As much as I'd rather not, I'd rather be able to breathe more.

2: I am OC about how I walk (and drive, too >_< ). I will try to put as many steps in sunny spots as shady spots, with the same amount for each foot. An I will try to have an even number of steps in each panel of concrete. And I will try to either avoid cracks and lines entirely, or try to ensure that each foot hits an equal amount of the same. I'm not in As Good As It Gets territory, but I can totally empathize with him.

1: I will tear up at the drop of a feather. Give a commercial 30 seconds and a half-assed emotional hook, and I'm leaking salt-water.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

5: All I generally care about is writing the next story. And it seems that I am unable to write without using the same leading heroine, in any one of her three forms. I just can't do it, except for small pieces of poetry. She overrides me when I write. Without her inclusion, darkness and defeatism would rule my work.

4: I have an addiction to the sorceress Rose from Street Fighter. I love her mannerisms and her behavior, and I tend to emulate them. Now I just wish I could learn to wield soul power the way that she does. And couldn't they give her one fantastic ending for a change? Just one?

3: I am kinky in my own way. Nothing illegal, just eccentric. But I don't want everyone in the world knowing this. My tastes are my own. I will share them only with my partner. That's assuming I ever find one, which isn't likely, since I'm getting older and have no job.

2: How jealous and hurt I've started to get watching people get things that I can never have. I was never like this until after I lost my job, and my apartment. I'd reassigned my hopes and energies to my great cause & plan. Now, all I have is pain and jealousy, and a deep sense of being left out of the world.

1: I have a body odor problem, and skin that is allergic to deodorants and sunblocks (and just about everything else.) I bathe, with antibacterial soap, every day. But there's nothing else I can do about it.
                                Last edited by Kristev; 06-13-2012, 11:47 AM.
                                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                                X