Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working breaks are nice. On the other hand, you have to time them well, because if you time your break for right in the middle of a rush you might not get much of a break at all.

Bagel Hell forbade eating behind the counter, but we could drink coffee. Every day I would fill a coffee cup with soup (as long as it was something like tomato or chicken noodle, so that there was some broth) and drink it while I worked. The boss/ownerman never asked about it, as long as I wasn't favoring my own "coffee" over customers'.
    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      It got to the point where I'd just down coffee all shift and eat later.
      End of shift routine then must be: *look at manager/coworker/SC, do the dance (you know the one, the Humpty Dance)* "Oh, my, gods! I gotta PEE!" *dance dance dance, look around nervously*
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I have actually told customers to, though in somewhat more polite terms, "fuck off" when they bug me after I clock out/before I clock in. Mainly because they're always bugging me in the middle of playing some DDR. One time, I was doing that, and it was at the DDR Extreme machine after we just got SuperNova in, so it was directly across from the redemption counter, where my co-worker was sitting.

It wouldn't matter what I wear, either. I could wear a shirt that say "fuck off, I'm not working", and I'd still get bugged. It must be that aura of my soul having been crushed by working in customer service. ^_^;;
        Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Working...
        X