This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Ergen says it right out loud

(Pardon the "ergensays" typo in the subject line. I hit the wrong button long before I was finished with the post.)

According the Denver Post:

"If you are a late-paying customer who regularly calls to complain, Charlie Ergen doesn't want you.

Ergen, the chief executive of satellite-television provider EchoStar Communications, said he would give those customers Comcast's phone number, referring to the nation's leading cable-TV company.

A customer-service phone call "costs us a dollar a minute," Ergen said Thursday during a conference call with analysts after the company announced its first-quarter financial results, which missed analyst expectations because of higher costs."

Though I often find Charlie an annoying guy (and I'm sure he doesn't care) who talks too much, every now and again he says something worth listening to.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Quoth TNT View Post
    Ergen, the chief executive of satellite-television provider EchoStar Communications, said he would give those customers Comcast's phone number, referring to the nation's leading cable-TV company.

That's funny, since the late paying customers who call us to complain always threaten to go to dish.

I never have the heart to tell them that I'm pretty sure both dish companies run credit checks and require credit cards for payment.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
      (Pardon the "ergensays" typo in the subject line. I hit the wrong button long before I was finished with the post.)
      Fixed it for you.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
        A customer-service phone call "costs us a dollar a minute"
        No problem. I can tell someone to f*** off in three seconds. I've just been waiting for the go-ahead.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Sounds like someone's finally caught on! Sucky customer = bad customer = loss of revenue = not worth your time

Comment

-=snort=- Anyone know if Bobby Hernandez is still the Center manager in the North Denver Call Center? He was the reason I quit Dish on 9/15/2001. Him and his horrific political commentary.

Comment

Working...
            X