This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grumpy old b---

ok, this is just a rant/ramble, so feel free to ignore. and yes, i cant spell worth a darn. lol.

every day this old man comes in the store, to buy his paper. if we do not have said paper, he yells and calls the tellers idiots and etc. so they set one aside for him. not even a thanks from the guy, he actually expects it now.
    this is a paper that has to be rung in by hand, and the price written on the paper includes only one kinds of tax. so we have to poke many a button to get the paper in the computer, and remember the before-tax price. no big deal, it's like 95 cents.
    but once in a while we might hit 96 just out of forgetfullness, or forget some other key in the sequence. so he gets charged a whole extra penny.
    i have never seen a man go off over a penny before. one day while two of our students were on cash he actually grabbed the paper back, and went to the second till because the first girl entered it wrong. his logic? the girl on 2nd cash is asian and will know how to do it right because the other girl is a moron. (paraphrase)

had i heard that i woulda clocked out for lunch and followed the man out of the store to rip him a new one.

and us at cash have no idea why managment hasn't banned his ass yet, since all he buys in the place is a paper, no perscriptions or anything else.

anyone else have some idjit like that?
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Something similar...

I work in a call center, part of my job is to update people on their claims when they call and request....

A woman called the other day to chk on her claim for $0.55... her claim was only in the 4th day of processing (we adv up to 10 bus. days for decisions)... and she was threatening to get a lawyer because of the delay.

Money is money... fine. But you're going to get a lawyer over a lousy $0.55?? Clearly a "scare tactic" on behalf the the cust. But c'mon...

Comment

i have one! only they dont mean to be mean
      Every sunday this elderly couple comes in an orders soemthing along the lines of a taco, a breakfast sandwich, a small diet coke and a cup of water. But he always changed it up alittle, and would get mad when i couldn't hear him well or charged him for what i heard.
      No matter what they never paid more the 4.50 and i always tried to get their order right, but they left looking unhappy.
      Last edited by Sliceanddice; 05-11-2007, 05:34 AM.

Comment

We have a regular customer who turned 90 not long ago. I have known him since I was 13 and his wife was my commfirmation sponser. I make it my buisness to be behind the counter quickly becuase he always wants a hug and kiss. Not bad, but sometimes he miss judges where my rear is and sometimes doesn't let go! He also always uses the same stupid lines on me. I love him, but enough is enough. And yes, I told on him to his wife. He does this stuff with every lady.
        I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

This might be off topic but the guy you described reminded me of one truly heinous customer

Quick back story: A lot of Burger Kings at least circa 2001 gave senior discounts on coffee so they would cost about 70 something cents. However the franchise I used to work at did not honor that and charged regular price 1 dollar plus tax. We had an old lady who came through our drive-thru every single Sunday and ask for the senior coffee. Each and every time we'd tell her we did not have a senior discount and she would go ballistic insisting that she came here every week and always got a discount. I dealt with her every Sunday for at least six months and never understood why she continued with that charade.
          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
            Quick back story: A lot of Burger Kings at least circa 2001 gave senior discounts on coffee so they would cost about 70 something cents.
            We have free tea & coffee for seniors. And if the coffee machine isn't working (ie, someone on an early shift didn't know how to work it, and messed it up, and we had to wait a few hours to turn it on again), they become quite upset. We don't even require a purchase, so seniors (or those with their parent's/friend's senior's card) are free to abuse it all day. Then they come up to the side of the line and demand a refill! OMG wait in line! I can't just ignore the person I'm serving to get you your free drinks.

Also, sometimes homeless people grab the styrofoam cups out of the bin/off tables and come up for a 'refill.' One time a guy handed me his cup and asked for a 'white coffee refill.' I took the lid off and there was a used tea bag and an empty sugar packet inside. Handed the cup back. "Could you empty it first, please?"
            Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
            Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
            <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
              This might be off topic but the guy you described reminded me of one truly heinous customer

t. I dealt with her every Sunday for at least six months and never understood why she continued with that charade.
              Senility might be the culprit. Next time someone does that have them file a custom made complaint with their signature then show it to them the next time they come up. Said complaint would be something you would print out that would be nonbinding but to the complainer would look offical.

Fyi recommened Brain Age on the DS. It has been shown to delay the onset of dementia.

Comment

Quoth sarahj View Post
                We have free tea & coffee for seniors. And if the coffee machine isn't working they become quite upset.

This is just such classic SC behaviour! It's FREE. And they still have the nerve to complain.
                Can't you make a rule that "courtesy" coffee should only be given to the courteous?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth infavorofnaturalselection View Post
                  Senility might be the culprit. Next time someone does that have them file a custom made complaint with their signature then show it to them the next time they come up. Said complaint would be something you would print out that would be nonbinding but to the complainer would look offical.

Fyi recommened Brain Age on the DS. It has been shown to delay the onset of dementia.
                  Studies indicate that keeping active mentally, especially as part of a fitness regime, will aid in cognitive function over the long term, decrease lost of function, and tended to have a 65% likelihood of preventing the onset of dementia.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Id rather read myself. it excersizes your mind and it excersizes your imagenation. also its OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

Why do think the notre dame nuns are less likely to get alzhiemers??

Comment

Reading is fine, but unless you test yourself on what you read it is much less useful for keeping the brain limber.

That said, I absolutely devour books. I'm out right now, and if I didn't have a new game on the DS, I'd be going through withdrawals.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well you have to do more then just read. You have to recall what you read.

Brain Age is real popular because you do math exercises in various forms, you read stuff aloud, you do word memory exercises, even you get quized on drawing pictures of named stuff. Doesn't matter what you draw but if you can recall what it is supposed to be what you are drawing. You also put in what you ate at a certain time then you are asked to write what you said you ate at that then days later.

It's weird but people find Brain Age math enormously fun.

Comment

Brain Age is a ton of fun, but Big Brain Academy is more so.

Although, I devolve into just doing the BBA puzzles for fun, and trying to improve my Sudoku times on BA.

^-.-^

Comment

well i also do random math, for fun, my coworkers think im crazy.

Comment

Working...
                            X