X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
    I love these, "I don't ever check my minutes" people. I wonder how often they wind up stranded in the middle of nowhere because they didn't bother to check the gas/and or oil in the car. How many of them starve to death by not checking to see if there's any food in the fridge or pantry? How many freeze to death when they don't check the weather and go for a swim in the lake in December? The answer to these questions: obviously not enough.

Yet another costly lesson in responsibility. I didn't want to grow up either. I wanted to be a kid forever and let mommy and daddy take care of my every need, and not have to worry about this beast called "real life." But I did grow up, and I understand that I can't just pass the buck on "Ida Know" and "Not Me" (I dislike Family Circus but read it because I feel like someone might as well do it, but it's a fitting reference).

I would think that most people who rely on information for the purpose of business would have the good sense to back that information up somewhere. I'm not in business, I just have piddly writings and drawings that I don't want to ever lose so I have copies on paper, on my PC (home and work), on CD, and on my thumbdrive. Perhaps business isn't for you. Maybe you would be better suited for the position of village idiot. Or, when you've lost everything you own because you didn't think to back up the critical information of your entire business and hit rock bottom, town drunk.
    I can just hear the sarcasm in your voice
    Audio bonus! Audio Bonus
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
      Audio bonus! Audio Bonus
      I can't. My company would fire me, even if I snipped the bits that included any personal info. Plus, calls are recorded at random and somehow the really psychotic ones don't get captured. And as much of a smartass as I am on here thanks to the anonimity of the www, I'm really shy in real life and I don't know that I'm comfortable having my annoying voice out there
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
      X