This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth megami View Post
    i suppose that's a good point. but then why do they accompany with the order with "i'll have a diet. i need to watch my figure." i can understand if they're joking, but when they say it with a straight face...especially when it's a large. our large is 44 ounces...
    Now THAT is retarded!
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Had something similar last night. Told the people the price (I made a mistake not asking if they had an account) and they go "Are you serious! THat's ridiculous!" "Yes that's the price" "Are you kidding me" "No ma'am"
      I get the account info and it's only $3 cheaper. "That's a little better" they say.

Yes I pulled a price out of my ass for you. I made it up to piss you off. Never met you before, but that's what I do. I could have given them a better price, but not after the way they acted. (I don't like doing that anyway)

Comment

SC: Where do your donuts come from?
        Me: *Well Known Supplier*
        SC: They fry their donuts in hydrogenated oil! That causes cancer! How can you serve that!
        Me: Actually, they don't. I asked.
        SC: Yes, they do!
        Me: Well, then, if you feel that way, I'm sure *competitors* down the road about a mile will be happy to serve you.
        SC: *splutter* Fine! I'll buy them *essentially straight from supplier*

Comment

Heh - hydrogenated oil does not cause cancer. It has alleged links to arterioscleriosis/heart disease etc, but not cancer. Further proof that so many customers are full of shit.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth megami View Post
            i suppose that's a good point. but then why do they accompany with the order with "i'll have a diet. i need to watch my figure." i can understand if they're joking, but when they say it with a straight face...especially when it's a large. our large is 44 ounces...
            You neglect to mention said figure is more apporiate for a water buffalo or hippo. Close to the weight class and body shape of those creatures if you want to be more specific. Ham-beast may be the more apporiate name for this creature.

Yes very obese people will order tons of fat foods and then ask for a diet coke like it is some magical elixir that will make them lose weight.

Sorry but diet cokes are in fact going to make you a lot fatter. There were some studies awhile back that showed that the fake calories in it caused a very interesting reaction in the body. People drank far more diet cokes and gained more weight due to this reaction to the fake calories.

Comment

I'd heard that people drinking diet drinks were making their bodies expect sugar, and when it didn't arrive they went into binge-eating mode to get it - completely unconsciously.

Personally, I tend to drink diet - I prefer the taste and not feeling thirsty afterwards.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Personally, I tend to drink diet - I prefer the taste and not feeling thirsty afterwards.

PLEASE EDIT QUOTES
                I always feel thirsty after drinking diet. I have to drink ten diet drinks in a row to feel satisfied wheras one regular soda can fill me up for a while. Yes it's expecting the sugar that causes the problem with diet.
                Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 11:28 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                  "These are ones I'm renting, these are part of the 3 for $25 sale and these are 50% off." all said in a voice like they are giving directions to a child. I always want to say, "Reeeaaallly? Did you figure that all by your widdle womesome?" GAH!
                  NightAngel, I'm kind of glad that I've never even THOUGHT of doing that at MusicWorld or HMV (or whatever the nifty music store we have in the basement of my local mall is). I LOOOOOOOOVE those 2/30, 2/20 sales They make SO much money off me at those things LOL The other day I actually managed to pick up a couple of obscure Bob Dylan cds for $20 (our record stores are stocking all his old stuff because he's playing at our Bluesfest this year).

Quoth Infavorofnaturalselection View Post
                  Yes very obese people will order tons of fat foods and then ask for a diet coke like it is some magical elixir that will make them lose weight.
                  ugh.... Can we please not generalize the weight thing? PLEASE? I'm obese. I drink diet coke. Why? Because I was raised on diet soft drinks and can NOT stand the taste of regular soda. Did diet coke make me fat? Heck no. Eating junk food and being physically disabled and somewhat lazy made me fat.

I've answered questions from coworkers before.... technical, veterinary-related questions. And had said coworkers turn around and look at me as if I'd grown a third boob. "How on earth would YOU know? You're not a vet!" no, but I've worked with veterinarians for the last seven years, and I do happen to know the answer to that particular question. *grrrr* Not having a degree doesn't make me stupid.
                  Last edited by tollbaby; 05-03-2007, 08:59 PM.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

On diet foods: If you've eaten a particular type of food for a long time, then your body knows how much nutrition you will receive from said item.

However, if you do not normally or have not long been eating/drinking diet/lowfat items, then you will have to control your eating very strictly for some time to ensure that your body doesn't 'crave' you into eating way too much.

Generally, if you have a sudden craving for a specific food or food group it is because there is a nutrient of some sort found in that food that your body needs to have.

For instance, if your body needs more sugar, and you've just switched over to drinking diet soda, you could end up drinking far more damaging amounts of diet soda than you would have of the regular because your body isn't getting the sugar it needs from the source that it used to come from.

And the worst part of all of that is that it could be that your body actually does have enough of what you are craving (such as sugar) but whatever complementary mineral/nutrient you require is lacking (in this case, possibly lack of proper insulin production) which could result in a vicious cycle situation.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Im a big caffiene addict, i tend to drink regular because i get hypoglycemic and personally i know ill make myself sick on the diet, because ill drink twice as much... and twice as fast (i got brain freeze from soda once...)

Comment

I recently listened to someone argue with me, claiming that he knew we had meat-filled ravioli, because he'd just eaten them here last year.

After telling him several times that I know that we don't, and haven't even had it while I've working there, he insisted that I go ask a manager.

"Hey Jorge, do we have any meat-filled ravioli?"

"What?" (with a 'Why are you so stupid?' look on his face) "You know we don't have that! We've never had meat-filled ravioli! Why are you always asking me stupid questions?!"

That's what I wish I could have told the customers.

Comment

I can't stand any diet drinks purely because of the taste.. though I don't like regular Pepsi or Coke, either. Moxie FTW!! ^_^
                          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I never drink diet drinks. I don't like carbonated beverages, and aspartame just gags me.

It's a lucky thing, too, because aspartame has been linked to all kinds of truly nasty health problems. Saccharine was once all the rage, but that didn't make it safe. Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils and fats are now being pulled from production. I hope aspartame is the next to go, because that stuff is baaaaad.

Comment

Quoth Palsgraf View Post
                              I recently listened to someone argue with me, claiming that he knew we had meat-filled ravioli, because he'd just eaten them here last year.

After telling him several times that I know that we don't, and haven't even had it while I've working there, he insisted that I go ask a manager.

PLEASE EDIT QUOTES
                              I could never understand people doing that. They are likely confusing what restaurant they ate at. You need to hand out copies of Brain Age to people who do that. Quiz them on the supposed food item and every single detail you can think of when they claimed to eat it. Perhaps you could jog the correct memory.

Now the only times I have asked what happened to something I ate at a certain place each and every time the waiter knew what I was talking about because gasp I could remember eating the item the restaurant served a few months back.
                              Never have been mistaking about what I had eating on a past menu at a restaurant.
                              Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Hmmmm...

You mean there are customers that know *less* than we do? Sacre bleu... What a revolutionary concept!
                                "It's not me that you hate; it's those nasty truths I serve up. Hey, man, I'm just honesty's vessel!" --Me

Comment

Working...
                                X