Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I broke your equipment....but that's okay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke your equipment....but that's okay!

A fellow cashier told me that an elderly customer accidently dropped a penny into the receipt printer. The cashier held her hand out to collect the rest of the change,, but the lady kept deliberately dropping it into the printer. The cashier firmly told the lady not to do that because it could break the machine. The lady just laughed and said flippantly, "That's okay!" Needless to say, the machine broke, but fortunately it was fixable.

Does anyone else have a story about a customer purposefully breaking something?

Quoth Ergin View Post
    The cashier held her hand out to collect the rest of the change,, but the lady kept deliberately dropping it into the printer.
    Did she think it would bring her luck or something?
    But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
    -Gravekeeper

Comment

Yep, had a guy shake up a bottle of coke the pour it over the screen of the cash register, the liquid went into the wires and short circuited everything.

He was pissed because he couldn't buy smokes from that register.

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
        Yep, had a guy shake up a bottle of coke the pour it over the screen of the cash register, the liquid went into the wires and short circuited everything.

He was pissed because he couldn't buy smokes from that register.
        Wait don't these people know they can be arrested and charged for doing stuff like that? Or is the manager/owner of the store too cowardly to have said sc arrested and charged for property damage?

Comment

When I was working for Walmart, I was a cart pushier. There was one college student, who keep playing with the motorized cart pushier. Keep telling him to stop, that it would break. He didn't listen, and of course he broke it. Everyone blamed me for breaking it. Had to push long lines of carts, because management would not get it fixed. Of course it was just the battery that died. Could not even store credit a car battery.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

About the closest thing like that is when we were doing a donation drive, and a guy agreed to donate, then tried to shove a loonie in the ticket printer. I quickly informed him of his error
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

One time, back in my photo lab days, I found a half eaten lolly pop stuck in the flat bed scanner. The scanner had been on a while and was pretty warm. The lolly pop had practically fused to the glass.
              Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

At the snack bar, we used to have one of those coolers that pulled themselves shut with a little cord hidden in the track. We'd hold it open while we restocked with a little clip. Then customers would just open the other side without asking and take a drink. Sure enough, it broke. We couldn't afford to fix or replace it for a year, so customers would just leave it open and bitch when they got a warm soda.

Comment

Oh yay, another gas station tale.

For some stupid reason, the owner of the store started ordering all these Nascar candies and toy cars and chocolate cars and whatnot. Each one had a different driver's # on it...........you know backwoods Wisconsin hillbillies......they love them dem der Nascar!!

Many a retarded customer would violently search through the little tubs for a #3 or #8 car (the Ernhardts), almost always knocking the whole tub over, and there went the cheap plastic cars.

Either that or many a confused retarded customer would pick up a chocolate car (covered in wrapping to look like a Nascar car with a certain driver's # on it) and go "What da fuck is dis shit!?" and try to zoom zoom it across the counter, and, just like a chocolate bunny at Easter...........crack! The chocolate car was then worthless.

Then the idiot inbreds figured they deserved what they broke for FREE!

Many customers would come in right after I stocked the cooler and, instead of searching for a colder pop, would THROW bottles of pop onto the floor until they got a cold one! I'd have to put the thrown ones in the back until they settled so no one would get sprayed.

I would have loved to have sprayed those SCs with shaken up soda pop, though.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When I was at Kroger, I was walking across the parking lot bringing in carts and this beat up old car came around the corner from the rear entrance and went flying through the lot, finally smashing into the cart corral and knocking it several feet away and collapsing it. There were 2 guys inside, laughing hysterically. I heard a customer ask what happened and the driver said they lost their brakes so had to hit the corral to stop. The manager stormed out there to rip them a new one, I don't know how it ended.

This was in the middle of the day on a Tuesday, so thankfully the lot was pretty empty. If they decided to pull that little stunt on ad day or during the weekend, they would have killed someone.
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

well it wasn't a customer b/c I work in an office now - but I was trying to use the fax machine the other day and it wasn't working - I couldn't figure it out - then finally I saw it - someone had somehow gotten a sucker in the machine..... granted, most of the candy was eaten off of it - but it looked like it could have been an actual part to the machine - then I finally take that out and try to fax my pages again - only to realize that two of the pages are stuck together - by - you guessed it - lollipop remnants. it also made a weird impression on a couple sheets of paper when it was in the machine. I just couldn't believe it - HOW do you get a sucker in the fax machine???

Comment

Aside from customers causing slight damage to products at Goodwill, I've been fairly lucky.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
                          HOW do you get a sucker in the fax machine???
                          I don't know, but I guess that means I shouldn't try to fax a pizza to someone.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Not exactly breaking equipment, but we used to have people try to look into the laser scanners at Hastings, despite the signs warning not to do so because you would risk eye damage...and not just kids.
                            He loves the world...except for all the people.
                            --Men at Work

Comment

I don't think we had any damages, but a year or so ago they put passwords on all the copy machines at work and only the supervisors know the codes. They got tired of people photocopying various parts of their bodies. Come to think of it, I think they did have to replace the glass on one of them for the sake of hygiene.
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                              X