This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop making fun of me

Ok this is just a rant about some evil SCs who seemed to deside that since i ahve a few pyshcical characterestics that are noticeable i should be mocked....

I know im a short indiviual, and i am only 5'3", but you don't have to call me small fry or midget or anything else to make a joke, i get it, now shut up.

I know im over weight. STOP GIVING ME DIET TIPS. I not over weight because i over eat, its a long story involving a medical problem and the basics what it takes for me to lose weight. Also stop say 'looks like someone needs to stop sneaking snacks from the back' see the reason above.

I know i have a large..... chest. STOP STARING AT IT!! good god man, i know you have a girlfriend, she standing right next to you.

I know im a girl. Stop asking me about my boyfriend, children (im only 20 people, i dont have kids!!) or anything along that lines. My private life is just that, private...... and Please don't assume im a ditzy because im a giggly person....

Ok i just wanted to rant
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 05-06-2007, 03:33 AM.

OH I HEAR YA SISTAH!
    Last edited by NightAngel; 05-05-2007, 05:32 PM. Reason: Text Size
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I'm 5'2 myself, so I can totally relate. Not that a customer has ever said anything, but my mom occasionally refers to me as "shorty" when I have trouble reaching something, lately when I've been chatting online and mention my height to a guy, he ALWAYS comes up with the "wow, you're a half-pint" sort of comment. So.....he gets written off as a dumbass, unfortunately I can't do that to my mom or other people in person whom I have to deal with.

Comment

I hear ya! I'm 5" 1' and have 34D's. Wearing a tank top is a very annoying way of getting unwanted attention.
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

I'm 5' 2" (give or take half an inch), not as thin as scientists think I should be, based on my height, and am well endowed.

Customers, coworkers, all have to make comments related to any and all of these. Yes, I am aware of what I look like. Thank you. Do you want me to comment on how YOU look? Didn't think so. Go away now.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

just wanted to add the "shorty" may be a cultural/regional thing-there are alot of people at my job that refer to all females, that they don't know the name of as "shorty". I'm 5'5" and get referred to as shorty by people of this particular group all the time, not as an insult, or reference to my height but it's their way of calling me "miss"-just a thought.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
              I hear ya! I'm 5" 1' and have 34D's. Wearing a tank top is a very annoying way of getting unwanted attention.
              I'm the same, but change 5'1 to 5'2.

do what i do when i don't wanna be stared at. wear a sports bra.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Arghh I hate this. I'm 5'8 so I avoid the short comment but I am of the "poofy" nature. Why do people automatically assume that if you are overweight you are ignorant to the process of being thin. Guess what, I've been on so many diets that I know more about nutrition and exercise then most people. It's even worse when customers make comments, I mean truly do I know you? Are you aware of my medical history at all? Do you realize that blueberry muffin your cramming into your mouth would cause me to gain five pounds, even if it was the only thing I ate in a week? Also don't tell me I just need to get off my arse and work harder, I run two miles almost every day, and I heard you bitching when you came in that you had to park more then six feet from the door.

Comment

95% of people refuse to take me seriously just because I have bleach blonde hair and like to make myself up all pretty. I suppose the boobs play a role as well.

I KNOW I'm short, I know I have a big chest for being a small girl..............thank you very much for that update. I guess most people assume I'm too stupid to know what I look like.

Just make fun of them back, that's what I do.

"Hey, at least I have all of my teeth and I shower every day!"
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

A lady I used to work with is only 4'7" maybe 4'8"- most of the children who came in were taller than her. She calls herself "Munchkin" and refuses to tell people her real name. Many times when she walks by someone who was like 6'0" or taller she'll stop and say, "Hey! How's the weather up there?"

Everywhere I go people say, "Oh! You work/ed at BBV?! Munchkin is quite a character- bet it's fun to work with her!"

And they'd be absolutely correct.
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

I'm big too; not badly overweight, but I could stand to lose about a stone. However, I suffered from compulsive eating disorder in the past, and I finally got to a stage where I'm happy with myself; I'm not about to jeapordise that just to make some stranger happy. They can bite my shiny metal ass.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

My favorite phrase is "I didn't get this way just by looking at food" I'm flufy and just about 5'6", I also have a 38DD chest, I haven't let other's opinions affect me for a very long time, I like who I am and am happy with it.
                        However my not letting other's opinions doesn't keep them from voicing them.
                        I get comments about my chest, weight (I'm under 200 lbs. for pete's sake and heavier people tell me I'm chunky WTF?!?), height ( I'm not short but get called short a lot), style of dress and my glasses.
                        I have found an icey, over-the-glasses stare, and a book no nonsense attitude that I got from my mother works, especially with those that have no room to talk.

If all else fails, I think a reply of "Gee, thanks so much, I would have never known if you hadn't shared that with me" given in the wide-eyed innocent look works.

Jinxy
                        That's just my opinion, I could be wrong" ~Dennis Miller
                        http://www.myspace.com/jinxy213
                        http://www.myspace.com/bgge

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                          OH I HEAR YA SISTAH!
                          ....as I spend a good 20 seconds trying to find your message :P
                          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

The other side.

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but as a guy I just thought I'd mention the other side of things.
                            I'm six foot four and just over four hundred pounds. I know I'm overweight, its kinda hard to miss, and yet at least once a day I get told about atkins or stomach stapling or some other diet. Maybe if people would get to know me they might find out that I've been on a strict diet since february of 06 and have lost about 100 pounds.
                            I guess its easier to judge and point than get to know someone.
                            Sorry for the rant....
                            'Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!'
                            'While we Live, Let us Live!'

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                              just wanted to add the "shorty" may be a cultural/regional thing.
                              It's a hip hop term. It's a rather negative word for a young woman. Basically very anti-woman flavor of hip-hop uses it.

www.villagevoice.com/issues/0411/davis.php lists some of the other words associated with shorty.

Comment

Working...
                              X