Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're going to need a new forum for the sheer hatred I have for him!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Plaidman View Post
    I snapped right there. Two people who are so obviously a better breed in terms of wealth, so blantly abusing the system!!! Hell, it was almost 30 bucks in junk crap. (Cept Water). I told them off. I said words I won't repeat (Which is saying something I belive...). Dude was calm about it, but said in a dipshit voice of his that I have too, because get this.

He's disable.
    Not only do I think that your reaction was completely uncalled for and WAY over the top, why do you make it seem like being disabled is a stupid reason to be getting benefits? Do you really think that you can always see if someone has disabilities? One of my old friends was in a VERY serious car crash, to the extent where if anyone else was in the car, they would have been guaranteed a coffin. She was in hospital for six months, and luckly was able to walk again. The government has classified her as disabled, and so she got government benefits and a disabled parking card. So do you think that because she wasn't in a wheelchair, she wasn't disabled? Or because she didn't have a cane etc with her? It's really unfortunate that you went to such an extent of judging people on their appearances. If you didn't get so tied up in it all, maybe you would have been able to avoid the rage you got into.

Oh should I add a JMO?

Comment

Quoth Alfie View Post
      why do you make it seem like being disabled is a stupid reason to be getting benefits?
      I should have worded it better, my bad. Being disabled isn't a stupid reason to be having benifits, that's part of the reason they exist. But from how he acted/looked, he was no way disabled. He didn't even limp. It does seem like most of the time, people come in who may be mentally disabled in a small way, but again, from his attuide he wasn't that nether. The only thing he was disable in was the fact he is a money mouching sonofabitch.

The way he acted, the way he was dressed, the way his girlfriend was dressed and wearing diamonds, and that car, and the fact he brought up that much junk food to pay with food stamps. He could have easily paid with cash or credit card, or maybe even daddy's credit card.

Sure, maybe he did spend every dollar he got on that car, and maybe he did get that fancy suit at wal mart.

Maybe his girlfriend did the same for her dress, and borrowed the earrings from her mom or sister.

Maybe they both went wild on stealing one day.

OR MAYBE: They were just rich bastards who wanted to cheat the system because they could.

All I know is that I KNOW people, including myself that by having a miniumal wage job, (OR in my case NO Job) was making TOO MUCH money to get on those.

I had No job, and they said no, yet this bastard could get it? And I DOUBT he was disabled like he claimed to be.

Did I over-react: Yes I did, and I apoglies to you all.
      Last edited by protege; 05-10-2007, 08:13 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote thingie :)
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My daddy raised 4 children after my mom died..he always worked 2 to 3 jobs. He never missed a day of work..one day he woke up and couldn't see he had went blind....He wanted to kill himself because he couldn't work...He also served in the military and guess what he was denied any type of assistance..... Over a year later he was given disability not before losing damn near everything...he still has to work aa a cook in a crummy resturant and he is 60 years old....

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
          My daddy raised 4 children after my mom died..he always worked 2 to 3 jobs. He never missed a day of work..one day he woke up and couldn't see he had went blind....He wanted to kill himself because he couldn't work...He also served in the military and guess what he was denied any type of assistance..... Over a year later he was given disability not before losing damn near everything...he still has to work aa a cook in a crummy resturant and he is 60 years old....
          Which again, should have been given benifts first. However, people like my /customer/ get it. And alot too if he can easily spend that much of it on junk food.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I fail to see the attraction to Armani. It's not as if the label's sticking right out for all to see.

Theory of the rich man's boots/poor man's boots:
            Over a lifetime, a rich man will spend less money on boots than a poor man. The rich man can afford to drop $200 at once on a pair, which will last him a lifetime. The poor man scrapes together $20, buys a pair, and then is forced to do the same thing next year when the cheap ones fall apart.

That's why people who can afford it buy Armani. They may all look the same to you (I don't think so) but there is a huge difference in quality.
            (There's also the bonus of knowing that your suit wasn't made by a poor 7 year-old Malaysian boy.)

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              I should have worded it better, my bad. Being disabled isn't a stupid reason to be having benifits, that's part of the reason they exist. But from how he acted/looked, he was no way disabled. He didn't even limp.
              Wow, so now you have dug yourself even deeper into the hole of ignorance.

My point is that you can't necessarily SEE if someone is disabled. My friend had the HUGE car accident, but can WALK! And was classified as disabled. Yes, she sometimes had a limp, but she had days where she could walk normally. Do you know all of the ways one can be disabled? Did you assess him mentally and physically to decide that he wasn't disabled? How can you possibly think that you have the right to judge whether he was disabled or not!

You judged him on his money, it sounds like you had a case of the green eyed monster, and decided to treat him like crap because you don't have the assests that he has.

I never realised that disabled people aren't entitled to having nice things.
              Last edited by Ree; 05-11-2007, 11:34 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags

Comment

Alright, watching Plaidman get torn apart here just because he said what he felt is starting to irk me a tad bit, and I'm going to step in here and say my piece.

First and foremost, Alfie:

If you have a problem with what Plaidman said or this disabled thing, take it to fratching, because flamign him on here is not appropriate and destroys the environment we try to maintain here. *not a mod, just sayin, you know? kthnx.*

Second, to everyone else, including Alfie:

I do believe that Plaidman is justified here. Call me a devil-worshipping heathen devil pagan sheep slaughtering jerkoff, but it is what it is. He said what he felt was right, and last time I checked, there was a First Amendment still in the constitution. He was aware of the risks, he was aware of the consequences possibly enacted as of this, so let it be. Speak your minds, but please, for the love of Gravekeeper dont flame.

What I do believe Plaidman was trying to do was make a point of how fishy it was. Notice the part about how they "stormed out in a huff"? Talked to themselves for awhile? Etc, etc, the list goes on people. It's no big deal now, because it's over. I can only hope Plaidman doesn't lose his job because of one slip up.

So what if he WAS disabled? Fine. More power to him, because he just walked out and didn't make a scene.

What if he wasn't? That's taxpayers money going to waste and that asshole doesn't give a damn about other people who need that money. Here is a link to the government's FAQ on Food Stamps, and in it I see nothing that even minutely backs up any theory postulated in contrast to Plaidman's accusation:

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10101.html#who

There IS an income limit, for those of you who don't click that link. There's a resource value limit, even with an elderly person living with you. This guy does not seem to meet the criteria for it.

Again here are some criteria for disability benefits with the SSI:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10029.html#part2

In this list you'll see the criteria for disability qualification for benefits from Social Secruity Income. The first criterion is very, very vague and open to liberal translation, so therefore, it still doesn't counter the point of Plaidman's ultimate frustration:

Even if you are "disabled", (the quote bunnies are because there's true disability, and there's paperwork technicality disability) taking advantage of the system is not right. Plaidman, i personally commend you for speaking your mind. If they walked out, that's their fault, and if he continues whatever he may or may not be doing wrong, then so be it. They will get what's coming to them eventually. I would, like IPF said though, try to just bite my tongue next time, and go through the sale, even if the guy calls someone next to him a racial slur, slaps his daughter's butt and shaves his cat in front of people.

This is the longest reply I've ever made. I just don't like to see unwarranted flaming. I've presented my case, let's see you present yours. We'll take it to fratching or elsewhere. I'm not trying to start trouble, or anything like that, but I do like to present both sides. (Old high school debate habits showing through, sorry)

Also, Was his wife hot? Just curious.....
                Last edited by DarthRetard; 05-11-2007, 07:36 AM. Reason: Woops, forgot something!

Comment

A reminder to EVERYONE...if you see something you don't like...report it so a moderator can handle it.

We don't allow flaming and name calling of other members.

Plaidman, I do think you were out of line. I do understand why you went off on them, but it really isn't your place to sit in judgment of who is entitled to disability benefits, and it was unprofessional of you as a store clerk.
                  Making snap judgements based solely on appearances is wrong.
                  (Do you know for a fact she was wearing diamonds? Did you follow these people home to see how they actually live?)
                  I don't feel that what they were buying should have been covered by their food stamp, but you handled it very badly.

It's obvious there are holes in the system, and some people are falling through the cracks sitting and waiting for benefits, or being flat out denied, while others who may not appear to us to even need them, are getting benefits, but I can't believe that the system is that badly flawed. I have to believe that, while some of it may be falsified information from the applicant or error on the part of the government department, there are valid reasons for these discrepancies.

We have numerous "welfairie/food stamp/WIC abuse" threads on this site, so I think we all know how our members feel about the topic. I think we could merge every single one and it would all be one big mishmash of almost duplicate posts.

I can't see this one being any different, so I'm going to close it.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                  X