Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you at least chew with your mouth closed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't do noisy chewing. That is just obnoxious.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

For some reason when people forget to breathe before taking a bite it annoys me. I hate hearing that nasaly sharp inhale and chewy smacky sounds at the same time. I just want to stab them with my fork.

Comment

I used to work with the worst bubble gum offender EVER.

When her gum would lose it's flavor, she'd just add a new piece. Pretty soon she'd have so much gum in her mouth she couldn't close it and would just kind of wheeze and drool all over the place.

And then you would see the big gum wad in her mouth and it would look like she was chewing on a big, soggy sock.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Eww....

The gum I chew keeps it's flavor until my jaw is ready to fall off, so I never have to add more, thankfully.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When I worked at a pizza restaurant, I got a lot of "chewers" on the phone. This one woman was eating chips *while* ordering a pizza. I swear, they had to of been Doritos (for some odd reason, I just pictured Doritos, while I was forced to listen to her *crunch* *crunch* plus she was licking her fingers as well - it's amazing what a phone can pick up) - she just kept shoveling them into her mouth while ordering more food while I was on the phone with her. Then when I did the call back . . .she was still eating!
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I worked with a "smacker." Everything he ate or drank, he was continually smacking his lips. It was like everything he ate was at that moment the greatest food ever made and he could not truly enjoy it without sharing its goodness by smacking his lips for all of us to hear.

Ugh.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Ugh -- one evening I had gone out with a group of people to Friendly's (<333 ice cream!)... One of the girls who was a friend-of-a-friend-of-a(well, you get the idea) kept rolling her lips inside her mouth while chewing. Aside from the smacking sounds and the other squishy sounds she was making, she ended up with food all over her mouth. And she didn't use the napkin until the end of the meal.

Needless to say, I was put off my appetite...

Comment

I hate chewing noises...They annoy the bejesus out of me.

I hate gum noises, too.

People who suck on, chew, crack, smack or pop gum (or any food for that matter) annoy me to the point of wanting to commit acts of violence.

As for open mouth chewing... That's just so gross... but I can deal with it if the person is being discreet about it. (i.e. not making cow noises or drawing attention to the gooey contents of their gaping maw)

*shudder*
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Ms. Pounce View Post
                    So he would not just eat or chew a sandwich, he would gasp, gargle, slurp and hum his way through a sandwich.
                    Sounds like he was related to my roommate in college (only 2 semesters)! What made it worse is that she would come in late after getting drunk down at the river. I would already be in bed and most often asleep since I had and 8:30 class. Well, she would usually decided that she was hungry. Problem is, our beds were perpendicular and my head was not 1 foot from where she was sitting on her bed. Finally, one night, I sat up and said, "Would you please close your goddamn mouth when you chew! It's disgusting!" Naturally, she didn't remember the next day and I gave up. To this day, I can't stand watching or listening to people eat. Remember the Carl's Jr. commercial?

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                    (for some odd reason, I just pictured Doritos, while I was forced to listen to her *crunch* *crunch* plus she was licking her fingers as well - it's amazing what a phone can pick up)
                    People either don't know, or don't care, that the part of the phone you're speaking into is a microphone! It amplifies everything!

The most disgusting thing I ever got over the phone was when I was at the VSC call center but didn't involve food (thank Goddess!). Lady (and I use that term loosely) flushed the toilet whilst she was ordering her bras and panties. Honestly, there's some things that I truly don't need to know!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I admit I'm guilty of one of these cullinary crimes at one point or another; probably my worst offense, still, is finishing up a soda and trying to suck as much of what's left out of a straw as I can... come on, you know that sound! ^_^
                      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                        What you don't know and can't tell is if they're blocked up in the nose. I've since moved to a place where I'm not as badly affected, but I used to suffer so badly during allergy season that no antihistamine, decongestant or combination made it possible to breathe through my nose.
                        It was breathe through the mouth or suffocate. So .. y'know.
                        Yeah, I really shouldn't talk as I have moments where I can't breathe right. I have a deviated septum and sometimes when its too humid I can't breathe.

But, that girl who wouldn't stop eating with her mouth shut because it was 'physically impossible for her to do so' ... well, that girl was just too damned lazy to use her nose.

-twitch-

You know, I think she's the embodiment of an 867.

Quick, someone give me an address. I want to ship her yonder!
                        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          Remember the Carl's Jr. commercial?
                          Gah! I hate those commercials. They're just one step above Quiznos commercials. (the one in particular is where a guy finds a Quiznos wrapper in the top of a trash bin on the sidewald and pulls it out to lick the cheese!)

I refuse to eat anything from Carl's or Quiznos because I hate their ads. It doesn't hurt that I don't really like their food, either.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Ms. Pounce View Post
                            One of my old roommates not only managed to chew with his mouth open, but added a plethora of interesting sound effects. So he would not just eat or chew a sandwich, he would gasp, gargle, slurp and hum his way through a sandwich.
                            Sounds rather like the fiance at times. I HATE hearing him eat!!!!!!! It's times like that which make me glad that he works first shift and I work second.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Eating noises used to drive me insane. I was desensitized to it when I worked in a place where I ate in a lunch room. There were a couple of guys who had a habit of heating up their lunch to scalding, and then chewing with their mouths open and breathing past their food so that it would cool off. At least, that's what it sounded like they were doing.

Having heard that in some parts of the world it's polite to make lots of noise when you eat, and given that I was a small-town white girl living in a big cosmopolitan city for the first time, I assumed that this was just how Chinese guys eat, and decided not to let it bother me on account of it was probably cultural. (Since then, other Chinese guys I know have not confirmed that theory, but at least it got my sanity to survive the lunch room.)

I refused to give that much leeway to the slobby redneck jock boys in my dorm, who make noise when they eat for the same reason they grunt when they fart, belch loudly without covering their mouths, sprawl their legs out to take up three seats on the bus, and swagger almost to the point of waddling when they walk. They like to take up room and let everyone know that they're there. But now I'm getting off topic...

Comment

This is one of the things that makes dieting easier for me. Having to watch and listen to five-hundred pound coworkers smacking away and panting while eating. It makes any food look disgusting.
                                "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Working...
                                X