Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bout I bend over and you kiss my butt? (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout I bend over and you kiss my butt? (LONG)

Ok, a little background. I am the ONLY person that handles any kind of customer service for a online product we have. I handle the billing, tech support, and peon management as one aspect of my position. My title isn't customer related and they've slowly but surely keep adding more to my plate b/c they're too cheap to use the billing providers they used to use and yet still pay for, the extra support was supposed to be temporary and has now been going on for almost a year. Long story short, I'm getting fed up of dealing with the stupids.

I got a call the other day from a sucktard that wanted to contest a charge that showed up on his credit card. No problem, the service auto-renews so that happens a lot. People forget they signed up or their spouse did it and they just want to check on the charge. 9/10 its b/c they never updated a change of email address so they never got the notification that their renewal was coming up. I just refund them and cancel out the account. Takes less then 30 seconds..well usually.

Me: The wonderfully charming person who no longer gives a damn

CS: Captain Sucktastic of the Cheap patrol

(this has been abridged to get to the good parts)

CS: This is Captain.............Captain Sucktastic...............................
    (long pause, apparently I am a mindreader)

Me:???? OK

CS:I'd like to contest a charge on my credit card

Me: Ok, no problem. Let me get the email address the account was under

CS: blah blah blah

Me: I'm not showing anything under that can I have your name

CS: I already gave it to you

Me: I understand that but I need you to spell that for me so I can make sure I'm pulling out the right info

CS: Captain Sucktastic

Me: Ok, I'm showing an account under blank blank.com.

CS: That is an old email address. I haven't used that in 2 years.

Me: Well that would explain why you didn't get renewal notices.

CS: Why didn't you warn me?

Me: Well they did, but it appears it went to the old email address. Ok, I've refunded this year's fee and cancelled out the account. Have a great day

CS: How long have I been a member?

Me: You have been with us since April of 2005

CS: I want my money back

Me: Yes I have refunded the charge you should see that on the next statement

CS: You made up an email address, I never got nothing

Me: No, you didn't update your email address and you don't GET anything you are allowed access to online subscription. You have to log on to get to it.

CS: I want my money back from 2005

Me: That is impossible, I can only refunded charges within 90 days

CS: YOU can't be your JUST a customer service rep. I know there is someone who can help me

Me: No, I am the ONLY one who can take care of this. The system doesn't allow me to process charges outside of 90day window

CS: NO!!!!! your just a customer service rep I wannna talk to someone else.

Me: I'm it sir

CS: I want my money back

Me: I refunded you the charge for this year. There is no way to get a refund for a subscription for the past two years. I refunded the 07 charge but I cannot refund the 05 and 06 charge. It is not our responsibility to keep your information current. If you had log in issues, you could have called us and we would have gotten you taken care of.

CS: But that was my old email address and I didn't get nuttin

Me: You have to log in, even if it was an old email address it just works as your log in info

CS: Get someone who can get me my money back. YOUR JUST A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.

Me (losing temper): NOT going to HAPPEN sir

CS: I know you can't do it, but SOMEONE there can give me my money back. I want my 60 bucks

*This went on for a while before I just was this close to quitting and walking out the door.

Me: Please hold

*at which point i had to collect my thoughts before I told him to suck a fark. He was on hold for maybe 2 minutes and he had hung up when I picked back up. My guess is he was just trying to see how much money he could get out of us. GAH!
    "If all else fails...blame the dog"

im sorry he was yelling at you for 60 bucks? that he could have made use of if he got off his ass and went to a website (ok i know it is actually sat on his ass but you know what i mean). Caption Sucktastice there apparantly didnt know how yo use a telephone until this year huh.

Comment

Working...
    X