Back at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at work!

So I've been off a job for the last 6 months (I've described some of the background for this on Fratching), but managed to land an interview last week. It went pretty well, and I was told I would be contacted in case they wanted me in for a second round of interviews. I thanked them and went on my merry way (= turned off my webcam )

Later that SAME evening I was contacted by the company's HR department who basically told me: "Ya know, screw the second interview, can you name 2 references and what is your salary range?!"

I told them, and this very afternoon HR contacted me again: "Well, we only managed to get hold of one of your two references as your former boss is ill right now, but screw that - can you start in 3 weeks?!"

I said yes... and well, here we are. Hired with massive benefits and a WAAAYYYY higher pay than my former job
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Congratulations!

And good luck!
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Conga rats! ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Congratulations on your new job!
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Most excellent!
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Zel, you've got to tell me how you did that! I've been chasing jobs since December, and I've gotten probably a half-dozen or so video interviews, each of which was swiftly followed by a "we don't want you" email.

BTW, I'm looking for a job as a teen/young adult or youth services librarian, if anyone happens to know of any openings. {Mods/admins, if this is inappropriate, please remove, or let me know and I'll remove. Thanks!}

Comment

It might help us to know whereabouts you are looking for the job
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                It might help us to know whereabouts you are looking for the job
                Maybe they are willing to move to wherever the job is.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Sorry, Kit, I probably should have mentioned that, eh?

I currently live in Colorado Springs, but I'm willing to move to almost anywhere for a job.

Thank you to anyone that can help. Zel, I'm sorry I seem to have thread-jacked you

Comment

Quoth greyblade23 View Post
                    Zel, you've got to tell me how you did that! I've been chasing jobs since December, and I've gotten probably a half-dozen or so video interviews, each of which was swiftly followed by a "we don't want you" email.

BTW, I'm looking for a job as a teen/young adult or youth services librarian, if anyone happens to know of any openings. {Mods/admins, if this is inappropriate, please remove, or let me know and I'll remove. Thanks!}
                    I know that Jefferson county and Arapahoe county are hiring for the library and they are only a few hours away from you.

Comment

Quoth greyblade23 View Post
                      Sorry, Kit, I probably should have mentioned that, eh?

I currently live in Colorado Springs, but I'm willing to move to almost anywhere for a job.

Thank you to anyone that can help. Zel, I'm sorry I seem to have thread-jacked you
                      Hiya Greyblade23, sorry for the late reply but I'm in Europe so I could've not have helped you anyway!
                      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X