This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom died

My mom died late Friday evening or early Saturday morning.

I am heartbroken and grieving.

So sorry for your loss.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss, as well.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is horrible losing someone, particularly at this time of year when everything is aimed at advertising families. The first anniversary of my own mum's death is coming up (new year's day) so I can sympathise.

Have you any family or close friends you can stay with while you process? It's better not to be alone at the moment.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

It's so unfair. So completely unfair.

I know for a fact that there is something beyond this world, and that it is a very good place. I've received visits from it; that's how I know. It helps me a lot, but I still grieve for those who have gone before.

And that's what you do. Grieve, scream, yell, cry, talk to friends. Grief is a sneaky bastard, and tends to ambush you when you least expect it. There's no set time for grieving, and I don't believe we ever truly stop. Everyone is different in how they handle loss.

As I always tell people, don't be surprised at anything you feel, whatever it is.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you
              My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

I'm so sorry.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                  I'm so sorry for your loss. It is horrible losing someone, particularly at this time of year when everything is aimed at advertising families. The first anniversary of my own mum's death is coming up (new year's day) so I can sympathize.

Have you any family or close friends you can stay with while you process? It's better not to be alone at the moment.
                  I live with my husband, who is helping me with all of this.

He lost his mom in 2011.

Comment

Terribly sorry for your loss.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss.
                      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Losing a parent is always hard. May her memory be a blessing.

Comment

My condolences and best wishes to you and your family.
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                            X