This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm addicted to youtube

Does anyone know if I would be able to stream it from an android phone to my chromebook so I can have a bigger screen to look at? I don't want to use the phone as a hotspot; I just want to see the content on the chromebook screen. The cb has a HDMI port. I have a Kyocera Hydro that I will be using. I haven't activated it yet, so it's still in the box and I don't know a lot about android phones, so I will have to learn.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Why not just browse Youtube on the Chromebook?

BTW, the HDMI port won't help you - that's for output only.

Comment

I don't know about doing it to a Chromebook but I've managed to hook up my phone to my Xbox 360 and watch videos through that. In the Youtube app settings there's an option to add TV and I think you can add devices as long as you're on the same wi-fi connection.

(I know you didn't ask about it but you may want to consider a Chromecast too - a great way to stream from your phone for things like YouTube, Netflix, etc)

Comment

The Chromebook should have WiFi by default. Why go through a complex maze when you can do it all on a chromebook?

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          The Chromebook should have WiFi by default. Why go through a complex maze when you can do it all on a chromebook?
          She said that she doesn't want to use her phone as a hotspot, probably because it consumes more data than she can afford, and it is sometimes hard to find a hotspot that offers free WiFi.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I do have a hotspot that I connect the book to. It may be a better deal for me to split data between the phone and my hotspot account. I'm looking into it. It might be the same price to get the $35 phone plan and upgrade my hotspot account or just pay overages. I get 2 gigs a month and pay $10 for every additonal. Or I could just actually buy the TV series I want.
            Last edited by Food Lady; 09-24-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
              Because it's cheaper to use the phone than my hotspot.

Comment

Working...
              X