I dun bought a couple micr'phones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dun bought a couple micr'phones!

So, as some of you know, I play guitar and occasionally write lyrics. I don't have a soundproof room to record in, so I've been setting things up in my garage.

Well, a few weeks ago, I found a microphone in there I'd forgotten I even had, to go along with the one I did know about.

Unfortunately, the one I knew about wasn't that great. The other is a good, large diaphragm condenser mic.

Anyway I tried recording a couple of things, and even though I posted them on SoundCloud (if you'd like to know where, PM me), I didn't really like how they came out. Because the microphone I was using picked up too much I think, and the guitar sounded "thin" and kind of "tinny". So I bought a couple of microphones on Amazon. I bought a Shure SM58 and an AKG Perception 170.

The Shure is going to probably be for vocals, and if I can figure out how to set it up, I'll use both of them to "stereo" record my guitar.

So I'm gonna use them and see how things go! I have chords added to four sets of lyrics right now, and six to eight more sets to add chords to...

It's basically a "vanity" project for me. When I get them all recorded, I found a place that does short run vinyl. I'm gonna get a couple made. Put one on the wall, probably. And get a "short run" of CDs too, probably. Don't know if I want to sell or just give away.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.
Working...
X