X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowball'in*

*sung to the tune of freefalling

I got Pistol f/s for xxx.
    MSRP is more, everyone has it for more inc a mostly online shop that undercuts most of us. The small Euro county MFR has a strict MAP (min advertised price) policy. I'm over it.
    Joker messages me and whats to help me by giving what would be well under my cost. Or low for a used.
    I don't even give it a real answer just "haha thanks for the good laugh"- that was 3 weeks ago.
    Due to the type of ammo and size of the pistol, it's not as a big seller as others but it will go sometime.
    So yesterday I get this
    Just figured I’d reach out again, if you decide to come down on price let me know. Have one on order with my FFL at $xxx
    That's below MAP, now that's allowed if face to face but why would they do this...why is he doing this?
    No, I'm not going to race the other shop to the bottom. I'm not gunz-r-us and can give them away or make $5 (more like John Wick2)
    Then he brings up how things were precovid
    This guy just needs a Delorean and I know what should be on the radio.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Answer, "Good for you, looks like you can find one for the price you are willing to pay. I hope it is in good condition at that price. Meanwhile, I will just hang onto the good condition one I have and sell it at the price I already stated.".

Comment

I don't know what's up with this pistol but it's getting a lot of people who belong on r/choosingbeggers.
      Want a new G29 for $400?
      Spend way more than the $400 making an LLC in PA and FFL
      THEN the $$$,$$$ opening a storefront so Glock will sell direct
      Then the $$,$$$ to get the volume price break.
      Buy a new Glock for the beat to shit $
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I never answered him.
        He came back last night asking will I take $500?

I answered 700

I watched Life Of Brian and been to the Middle East- I can haggle.
        AkaiKitsune

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          I never answered him.
          He came back last night asking will I take $500?

I answered 700

I watched Life Of Brian and been to the Middle East- I can haggle.
          I've read Jester's posts on this forum, and also know how to haggle.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I used to work for a computer store where customers were always claiming they could get hardware cheaper elsewhere. And in truth they often could, but then they would show up asking for help because the cheap competitors only move stuff, we knew how it works and needed to be configured. They were surprised that we would CHARGE for the information they wanted.

If we sold hardware, we made a profit, if we spent time advising them we would make a profit. Our goal was to always make a profit.

Now 40 years later that company still exists and has customers, the original competitors, not a single one exist today.

Making a sale is one thing, but the real goal of a business is to make a profit!
            Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 03-23-2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I can understand why they want it, but i cant find the "boom-pellets" to feed it. add to the normal price disparity of the more mainstream options i think they are nuts....
              This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
              my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

YEAAA
                It's GONE!
                Went on a trade.
                AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                X