This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are no free samples in the frozen department

A customer came though the line today giving an eye at a container of ice cream she was about to buy, saying that the cover was dimpled in a little too far, and asking if there was supposed to be plastic wrap around the seal (some ice cream varieties have this, some do not). She popped the top open, to reveal several scoops had been removed from it! I gladly went to get her another one, and put the "sampled" one in the damages case inside the freezer, but seriously...who has a spoon or ice cream scoop on their person to test out the merchandise?! Even pre-Covid, that would've been nasty.

What about all the ice cream lickers from a couple of years ago? People are disgusting,
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My guess is that the "sampler" just stole an ice cream scoop from the kitchen ware section (or just brought a spoon).
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We have stacks of those paper-wrapped wooden 'paddle" ice cream spoons in the case with the single serve sundaes...if your store does the same, someone probably took one of them.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          What about all the ice cream lickers from a couple of years ago? People are disgusting,
          Many of them were sent to jail, where they belong.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            Quoth catcul View Post
            Many of them were sent to jail, where they belong.
            You could say they were sent to the cooler.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              You could say they were sent to the cooler.
              That joke really burned me up.
              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I guess you could say they're doing "hard time" . . . 'Cuz it's cold. Get it?
                I'll see myself out.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Well, they *did* get put on ice.
                  ...I'm right behind you, Eric.

Comment

It was a pretty vanilla crime, but they now face a rocky road to redemption...
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                      Well, they *did* get put on ice.
                      ...I'm right behind you, Eric.
                      I'll cold hold the door for ya.

Comment

I scream, you scream, we all scream...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Excuse me, but I must point to all of you that these jokes simply will not float.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

kristev - Well, we'll just have to get to the root beer of the problem, then.

Comment

That wasn't what I meant. Now I'm rather frosted.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X