Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A spa is NOT considered a PUBLIC place!

So, when I got into work this afternoon I opened up the spa's email as I keep track of it as well as the hotel email...and there was an 'interesting' email from a missus who was bent right out of shape.

She and her husband had a couple's massage booked for today but as the husband had been out of the province in the past 14 days he was advised to rebook once 14 days had passed since he arrived back in the province.

Her biggest argument is that according to the province's guidelines for rotational workers (he works in Nova Scotia) that he'd followed everything he was supposed to and had two COVID tests come back negative, and therefore should have not been denied at our spa. The guidelines cover going places such as malls, grocery stores, banks, and those sorts of places - y'know, the sort of places one goes when absolutely necessary. Nothing is said in those guidelines about going to a spa and getting a massage. And spas are NOT considered a public place. Sure, they serve the public, but they can also state what they will and will not do.

She ended her email saying that she won't be spending any further money at the spa or the attached hotel until she and her family get an apology, and she'll be telling all her friends about the 'horrible' way they were treated, and that we don't respect essential or rotational workers.

Yet, when the spa receptionist spoke to the husband to go over the pre-screening questions they have to ask, the husband was fully understanding and had no issues with rebooking. Obviously, the wife didn't take it at all well. Perhaps she was just upset that this meant no massage for her today, but such is life.

I'm just waiting for her to post on the local Buyer Beware FB page so I can poke all kinds of holes in her post -_-

I love to frack about these magical guidelines.

But yea but when the staff will have to literally touch you come on! Can't really give a massage with gloves on, can you? So yea making completely sure the cust don't have the ronia like that makes sense.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

You can't give a massage with gloves on? So if it wasn't a massage,what was it that I received in the Super Soapy Sauna(discretion guaranteed?)
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        You can't give a massage with gloves on? So if it wasn't a massage,what was it that I received in the Super Soapy Sauna(discretion guaranteed?)
        Car wash?
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

The guidelines are definitely fratching-worthy, no doubt. It's pretty difficult to give a deep tissue massage with gloves on because your hands would be sliding around too much to be effective. And once you add in massage oils it's akin to trying to wrestle a greased pig, according to our massage therapists.

Comment

When I had physical therapy for my broken arm (pre-Corona) I'm certain the therapist had gloves on.

Comment

Working...
            X