Random SC Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Revanant_M View Post
    "Do you think it’s possible to send Flame Alchemy through the phone and burn someones ears off?" - Roy Mustang
    With telemarketers that wouldn't do any good. They don't listen to what I say anyway. It would have to burn something else.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Nah, you don't need flame, just a nice glass of lemonade and a spoon. Oh, and a Bun-Bun...
      https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php...=37#2003-10-14

Comment

My god, is Sluggy Freelance still going?! I used to read it about a hundred years ago, back when it was still new...
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Yep, Sluggy is still slugging them out...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It's 7:40 am and you're calling asking if you can use Door Dash to get alcohol. Buddy, judging by your speech pattern already I'd say use the day to sleep it off and question some life choices.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

To a particular library customer - it's great that you're using our curbside pick-up service for holds, but when you are picking up holds for several people, and you are requesting several book bundles, please keep in mind that someone has to carry all those library materials out to your vehicle. (with this customer, it's usually at least 30 books)

Comment

Hey, jackass:

If you need help, say excuse me! You can damn well see that I have my head in the dairy case and am in some cases balancing myself on the shelves to stock. If you can see that I'm a foot off the floor, DO NOT TOUCH ME FROM BEHIND.

Yeah, I know "use a stepstool" but not only do they tend to go missing, the wall can't be shoved aside by someone getting just the right quart of milk. (some chooch dismantled all the rows of a particular brand I had just made...joke's on them, that section was pretty much completely empty to start so they weren't gonna get any dates past June 5th)
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

You attempted to close the account two years ago? Well, attempted is not good enough. In addition, we told you ONE YEAR AGO how much you needed to pay and you didn't. Call us now. Otherwise we're sending your butt to the mean collectors.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I just sent a demand letter through not only my system, but the customer's website Contact Us form as well.

Comment

You want to close your account because we're charging more to lease upgraded, better equipment than what you had before? Then why did you sign a 6 year contract? Did you not read it? The amount is right on the first page. If you want me to terminate this early, I can, but it's going to cost you in excess of $22,000 lump sum. I'm sure you'll LOVE that figure.

Comment

No, I cannot and will not shop for you. I am currently shopping for other people who were smart and ordered online to avoid people like you. You don't know what you want to buy? Well, let's see...we have nine whole aisles that you can wander to get ideas!

No, I can't tell you what you can get with a given amount of money.

No, you can't "come along" with me to "see what [I'm] doing".

No, I can't scan an item with my handheld to tell you a price. There's a scanner over at the end of the aisle.

(three different SCs in the space of five minutes...the first and last were the same person)

Comment

That sounds like you had a conversation with a 9-year-old. Was this seriously an adult?

Comment

If not, they had some damn good "functional* adult" costumes.

* function not guaranteed and is dependent on the skill of the wearer...so yeah, not happening.

Comment

"Are you work?" is not a recognized way to ask for assistance...that is not an actual coherent sentence in any language I'm aware of. Use your words. And no, repeating the "question" does not count.

(again, how do these people get dressed without hurting themselves?)

Comment

I'm happy to help you as much as I can, but please don't assume that I will know where to find the medical form that you need on this state's Department of Corrections website.

I have never been in prison, nor have I ever worked for the Department of Corrections. I have had no reason to visit their website, so I don't necessarily know where you need to go to find what you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X