Album Name Suggestions? A Poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album Name Suggestions? A Poll...

Mods, if this is inappropriate, please give me the appropriate "naughty, naughty" finger wag...

As many of you know, I play guitar and write lyrics.

Well, I'm working on a "personal" (of sorts -- I haven't decided if I want to sell any yet) project album of my lyrics -- just me and my guitar. This would be my first. And I'm recording it out of my garage.

So as I'm putting chords to lyrics and recording, I'm thinking of album names and designs. I know what colors I want to use, and I think I know what fonts I want to use, what I'm having trouble with is an album name.

So Poll time.

Please let me know which of these you like (or select the "none" option if you don't really care for any of them). I'm not gonna do anything silly like "Album McAlbumface". If you select the "none" option, please let me know what you dislike about them. All input will be taken constructively.

Thanks, everyone!
    I Wrote Some Songs
    10.00%
    The Garage Sessions
    0.00%
    Who Is This Guy?
    30.00%
    Just Me and My Guitar
    20.00%
    Complete Unknown
    40.00%
    None of These
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

No choices!

How about:

Skilled! Cheap! Fast!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      No choices!
      You don't see a poll?

Comment

You've got my vote, but I think that something like "None of the Above" would be an acceptable album name.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
          You've got my vote, but I think that something like "None of the Above" would be an acceptable album name.
          I can't add it now...but that's amusing. Maybe a future album.

Comment

Why not name the album after one of the songs? What song is the 'strongest' single of the collection?
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
              Why not name the album after one of the songs? What song is the 'strongest' single of the collection?
              Good question. I hadn't thought about it. I would have to look at all the songs and see. Maybe wait until I get them all recorded and see.

There's also the option of just leaving the "album title" off, and just using my name, sort of a "self-titled" thing.

Comment

Well, if you do that, do what Peter Gabriel did. His first four solo albums were released just under his name, the fans came up with 'titles' for them based on the album cover artwork.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                  Well, if you do that, do what Peter Gabriel did. His first four solo albums were released just under his name, the fans came up with 'titles' for them based on the album cover artwork.
                  Days of the New did something similar: all 3 of their (self-titled) albums used similar pictures, with different color themes. So you have Days of the New (1997), the "Orange" or "Yellow" album, Days of the New (1999), the "Green" album, and Days of the New (2001), the "Red" album.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

"Hey You, Dammit!"
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"None of These" sounds like a great name for an album. :-P

Comment

"Untitled Guitar Album"
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And the winner, with 4 votes, is...

"Complete Unknown".

Comment

Working...
                          X