Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgusting TV is Disgusting (image heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
    Did any living ones crawl out? Might want to have an exterminator check the store!
    No, nothing living crawled out thankfully. They were all dead. Our shop lizard will get any strays we didn't see
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
      No, nothing living crawled out thankfully. They were all dead. Our shop lizard will get any strays we didn't see
      Oh thank goodness. I am fortunate to have lived my life with only one domestic encounter with roaches, and after the exterminators visited I never saw them again in that house. I think it's generally too cold up here for them to really compete with the other things that would eat them for lunch? I don't intend to ever live farther south than this, thank you VERY much. My love of electronics would not mesh well with those disgusting things and some of the stories that come from CS members in warmer climates are really distressing.

But to the really important thing here: you have a shop lizard? That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of. Rather see a pic of the lizard than of dead bugs /hint
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

hmm, was that from somewhere in Dayton TN because it looks like something from my mom's house. My very toxic mother is also a hoarder and has tons of roaches. She brought her computer over once when I was still talking to her for me to change out her video card and tons of her little friends ran out. My husband and I were stomping for our lives! She gets those sprays but it doesn't help because she has so much junk in her house. She is also a horrid SC and there have been a few times where we went out to eat when I was younger and a roach or two ran out of her purse, she would get my step dad to stomp it, then call the manager over there and loudly complain that the place had roaches and get some free gift cards for free meals I am NOT proud to be related to her. If I compiled all the SC stories from her while I was growing up you guys would have a novel to read. Sometimes I wonder if someone is talking about her when someone posts, like this time.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
          Oh thank goodness. I am fortunate to have lived my life with only one domestic encounter with roaches, and after the exterminators visited I never saw them again in that house. I think it's generally too cold up here for them to really compete with the other things that would eat them for lunch? I don't intend to ever live farther south than this, thank you VERY much. My love of electronics would not mesh well with those disgusting things and some of the stories that come from CS members in warmer climates are really distressing.

But to the really important thing here: you have a shop lizard? That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of. Rather see a pic of the lizard than of dead bugs /hint
          I have been introduced to Palmetto Bugs since living here in Florida. Those things are crazy. These guys looked like Germans, which are small (and don't fly). I had mental images of the great insect battle in my kitchen when I moved, but it's been fine. Although, the Palmettos will crawl inside and die when it's hot. Luckily, that's only been at work and not home.

And now, the shop lizard! I don't see him much, but there aren't any bugs around, so he must be well-fed!

Last edited by Betweenshades; 06-27-2011, 11:29 PM.
          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
            And now, the shop lizard!
            Yay, lizard! Boo, roaches!
            Quoth pageantmama View Post
            If I compiled all the SC stories from her while I was growing up you guys would have a novel to read.
            Perhaps you should. You can write well, as your posts indicate. There's always room for one more book on the shelf!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ew, I just... yuck. <shudders>

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Eew....cockroaches! If you'll excuse me, I'll be over there cowering in fear.
                I'll be right there with you. I may be a guy, but I don't deal well with bugs.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth. I lived in Louisiana for a little under a year and no matter how clean we kept the house we could never completely get rid of cockroaches.

Comment

We've had a problem with earwigs, but nothing THAT bad. D:
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Makes me glad there's no roaches where we live (the high-7000 feet-desert & no sewers for 'em to live in),but I've lived around 'em.

Dust we got tho,all we can handle!
                      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        I'll be right there with you. I may be a guy, but I don't deal well with bugs.
                        Is there room over there for me too? My list of bugs I won't squish on sight is very very short.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          We've had a problem with earwigs, but nothing THAT bad. D:
                          Our dogs keep bringing the huge European ones inside, alive and still trying to run and fly away. They seem to have the reasoning of "Well, all our other toys are inside..."
                          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

At the games store awhile back I had a guy trying to sell an Xbox 360 and some games and accessories and EVERYTHING was covered in bugs. It was one of the nastiest things I ever saw.

All I could think was: "Dude, you didn't at least make an attempt to CLEAN this stuff before you came in???
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

If she can afford a TV and repairs, she can afford an exterminator or at the very least, a can of Hot Shot and some roach baits. Eurgh! Reminds me of the cashiers up front telling us stories about the cloth reusable bags people bring in; they've had them set them up on the counter only to have countless, countless roaches come scattering out of them.
                              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Holy Fucking Asscrackers!

I agree. The only thing to do is to take pictures, reattach the back, show the lady the pictures, hand her the TV and show her the door.

Then go home and take a show until the hot water is all gone.
                                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                                X