This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    ...come home in a box. Well, it's 1-2-3 ...
    Gimme an 'F'! Gimme an 'I'! Gimme an 'S'! Gimme an 'H'! ....
    What's that spell?
    What's that spell?
    What's that smell?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

So she got this for the NYPD Queens office. Property is sent from the Manhattan office. Who I had to resend all that to and I'm waiting to find out how much shipping is.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

FUCKING A these people are as high as a giraffes asshole for all this shit and hoops to jump through.

Hello. Everything does seem to be in order, however, I will attempt to contact Ms. SOandSO on the phone today just to verify. Expecting that will go well I have already priced out the shipping cost. We ship UPS Next Day Air, so the total comes to $124.34. This can be paid by either Bank Check or Money Order made payable to: Property Clerk, NYPD. It can then be mailed to:
        ~snip addr~

Although we have started the process with the emails that you sent me I am required to see the original Surrogate Court paper as well as the original BILL of Sale. You can mail these to me, if you have them, with the money order. I can then ship them back with the firearms if that is necessary. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to email me.
        NYPD person

I forwarded this to the customer that has this and said you just send it right to them I don't need it and with the check for shipping so they don't get confused. She not sweating the cash and offered to pay for my extra time in this so that's cool. Shit I'll make more on this then a gun sale. But what a PITA. (BTW the shipping is not the issue handguns are req to sent that way and for 5 the cost is correct)
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I'm so glad that I live in the free part of America and not the commie parts. All this mess is just way too complicated. Good Luck
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Going back to my org point. Even with the laws there I had a simple, fairly cheap and most of all still legal way to do this.

This is going to cost her/estate that shipping and my fees/time so about $200 more.
            AkaiKitsune

Comment

With so many of the interesting problems out there, there's such a simple solution: Find the experts, lay out the problem, PAY THE MAN (or WOMAN), and get the hell out of the way. It's just so much cheaper to go with the professionals in the first place, then having to call them in to fix a further blunder(s).

Comment

1st week of July, month after I emailed her exactly what she needed to do- I had to remind the woman she needed to send NYPD the $124 to ship them to me, and the legal docs on the estate. I also pointed out if they sit in the PD prop dept too long and they tend to keep them. ooh... and did that week, cue last week I email the NYPD, asking nicely what's up with this? Did you finally get what you needed? No answer.

Surprise! I got them last night UPS. I though it was them ammo from the "math" thread coming early but I kind of messed up the UPS guy when I saw who the box was from and went oooh goody the NYPD sent me a box of guns.

Open it up to put in my logbooks and triple face palmed. I know they aren't the UPS store but
                these fucktards paired up 2 pistols ea (6 total) in a manila envelopes, didn't even seal them. and threw the envelopes in a large box loose with one piece of worthless craft paper.
                I didn't see "before" but I'm sure they got beat to fuck-at least they look like it now. I saved the wrapping to show how they were "wrapped". Hopefully she has the keys for the trigger locks that are on 2 of them.

Then again dad must not of cared too much they are all dirty as fuck.
                But the saga is almost over.
                AkaiKitsune

Comment

If you do find those trigger guards a problem, look up the Lock Picking Lawyer on YouTube; he's very good at demonstrating how useless a lot of them are.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                    If you do find those trigger guards a problem, look up the Lock Picking Lawyer on YouTube; he's very good at demonstrating how useless a lot of them are.
                    She told me to cut them.

The cable lock lasted about 30sec -vs- The Dremal and a cutting wheel.
                    The trigger guard lock was an older chunky one but it lasted a whole 5 min.
                    But both just keep out the honest people.
                    AkaiKitsune

Comment

Trigger guards are meant to:
                      1. Prevent children from shooting themselves and others
                      2. Keep intruders from using your weapons that they just found.

Anything beyond that is as you just described - An inconvenience.
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                        1. Prevent children from shooting themselves and others
                        Except a poorly designed trigger guard can cause an accidental discharge, which makes things worse.

Comment

Working...
                        X