This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Service Dog Friendly

I am working on a review site for people with (and training) service dogs.

It is a site for people to review establishments on how they treated and accepted the service dog.

Right now I have these sections:

Accommodations
    Restaurants
    Amusements
    Travel / Mass Transit
    Government / Official Buildings
    Services (banks, etc..)
    Retail

I think I have the basic areas covered. My main question is, what areas should they be graded on?

Acceptance - How well do they accept the dogs (I know, indifference is usually the best but in the case of restaurants, maybe offering water is a plus)

Education

Management (mainly for large places) - are there places you can manage your service dog (walking areas in amusement parks, etc.)

Safety - is the area safe for your service dog

Accessibility - did you have reasonable access with your service dog?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I reckon all of those would work perfectly. People may have different needs depending on their service dog, for instance, if they're going on a bus, the management area is not a big issue compared to say, a shopping mall.

You could also even put up a category for people who WANT to train service dogs and how businesses accept you training them.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'll pass this thread on to Evil Empryss. She trained her own service dog, and I'm sure would have some ideas to help your site.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Introducing Service Dog Friendly

I'm still looking for feedback and the site is still a work in progress but I think I have a fair foundation set up.

http://www.servicedogfriendly.com

The reviews tab is the primary focus on the site. I plan on getting the federal law on the site as well as links to state laws (if I can find a link to the actual law that would be great).

Let me know what you think. Feel free to sign up and if you do send me a PM with your username so I can make you a manager (no approval needed for listings or reviews).

Feedback is always welcome.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

You've spelt it as "Please Red before posting" rather than "Please Read."
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            You've spelt it as "Please Red before posting" rather than "Please Read."
            Wow, I missed this post and my site looked quite moronic for a few weeks! Luckily there is very little traffic now. Thank you for pointing it out.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
            X