This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Scammer gets reamed by Judge Judy

I couldn't help but post this. I hope it's not up already.

Jist of it, is already in the title. Two buyers on ebay are suing an ebay seller for scamming them over cell phones.

Buyers bought 2 expensive cell phones for roughly $450 in total, and get pictures of cell phones.

Judge Judy is mad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHSte37BrOs
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Go Judy!

It's quite frightening that the scammer truely believes they did nothing wrong. What the hell are her kids going to be like?

Comment

Her saying that she had done nothing wrong was almost mind blowing.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I believe she also said the buyer can't read and that it was a listing for pictures. Like hell it did.

Judy didn't even see it there, so it wasn't there. It was an obvious cut and dry case, but it was sooo worth the girl getting reamed.

You notice she never broke a sweat? *sigh*
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

These "picture of new expensive shiny object" listings are as old as ebay itself. I've seen some of them. Generally there will be text in the listing, perhaps in several places but still managing to melt into the background, indicating the listing is for a photo, not the actual object.

To keep the ruse going even farther the ad will contain technical specs of the item being pictured.

And people bid big bucks on them. Ebay doesn't give a shit because they're raking in listing fees and final value fees on those listings.

From what I saw of the ad, it seemed to indicate the listing was for the phone, with no mention of a picture only.

Scammy scammer is scammy. But I just wanted to point out what she did is a fairly common thing on ebay.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
            You notice she never broke a sweat? *sigh*
            Why would she? On that show, the judgments come out of the loser's appearence fees, not her pocketbook. She probably still got paid to be on national tv.

Comment

I think it's sweet justice that not only is this clueless moron being investigated by her state's AG office and local police but possibly the IRS as well.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

This is my favorite episodes! Luckily, the scammer messed-up and put the actual weight in the listing; not the weight for a piece of paper, so that was enough to get her!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Reminds of the old Xbox box scams when the 360 first came out.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                    Reminds of the old Xbox box scams when the 360 first came out.
                    That scam doesn't ring a bell What was it?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      They would advertise for an XBox and put pics of the 360. The people would bid and get an older XBOX, not an XBox 360.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        I think it was most likely the same as what happened at the Playstation 2 launch: basically auctions were listed that sold only the box the system came in, and not the system itself. There were both legit and scam versions of this, and ultimately resulted in Ebay banning system box only sales, period.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                          I think it was most likely the same as what happened at the Playstation 2 launch: basically auctions were listed that sold only the box the system came in, and not the system itself. There were both legit and scam versions of this, and ultimately resulted in Ebay banning system box only sales, period.
                          This is the scam I was referring to.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                            They would advertise for an XBox and put pics of the 360. The people would bid and get an older XBOX, not an XBox 360.
                            I see.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I remember the one with the guy who was selling pictures of 42 inch plasma tvs when they were first on the market. I think he got away with it because the listing said something like "great picture, 42 inch plasma". So "technically" he was not misleading people. I think he should have been "technically" hit with a hammer.

Comment

Working...
                              X