This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth pollywog View Post
    I remember the one with the guy who was selling pictures of 42 inch plasma tvs when they were first on the market. I think he got away with it because the listing said something like "great picture, 42 inch plasma". So "technically" he was not misleading people. I think he should have been "technically" hit with a hammer.
    Like I said, ebay doesn't give a shit. The listing and final value fees are just too great. If he was listing those pictures under the plasma TV category and not the category pictures are to be sold under, then it's obvious he was pulling a scam.

With regard to the scam sales for gaming consoles, I think they only took action because so many people were getting ripped off.

This reminds me of another scam pulled off around the time the last generation of gaming consoles came out. Ebay had a rule that they would allow pre-sales of gaming consoles, but wouldn't release the money to the sellers until they shipped out the actual console with delivery confirmation, and it showed the item as being delivered. So one guy pre-sold a bunch of consoles, wrote letters to the buyers "thanking" them for their purchase, and sent those out with DC and got ebay to release his money.

As I recall, he did get banhammered, but it took a while for ebay to figure out he couldn't have possibly shipped out gaming consoles that weren't yet available to the general public.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I really do love seeing people like that get what they deserve. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
      Check out my blog!
      Remember to Follow me!
      Also Check out my Facebook page here!

Comment

It's not Ebay, it's FEEbay.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
          Why would she? On that show, the judgments come out of the loser's appearence fees, not her pocketbook. She probably still got paid to be on national tv.
          maybe, maybe not

Both the plaintiff and the defendant receive $100 for their appearance as well as $35 a day, paid to them by the show. The litigants' stay lasts for the number of days that the show does taping for that week, which is two or three days.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Judy#Structure
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Like I said, ebay doesn't give a shit. The listing and final value fees are just too great. If he was listing those pictures under the plasma TV category and not the category pictures are to be sold under, then it's obvious he was pulling a scam.

With regard to the scam sales for gaming consoles, I think they only took action because so many people were getting ripped off.

This reminds me of another scam pulled off around the time the last generation of gaming consoles came out. Ebay had a rule that they would allow pre-sales of gaming consoles, but wouldn't release the money to the sellers until they shipped out the actual console with delivery confirmation, and it showed the item as being delivered. So one guy pre-sold a bunch of consoles, wrote letters to the buyers "thanking" them for their purchase, and sent those out with DC and got ebay to release his money.

As I recall, he did get banhammered, but it took a while for ebay to figure out he couldn't have possibly shipped out gaming consoles that weren't yet available to the general public.

While Ebay not care, there is one company that will care for you. Paypal. I have had a wonderful relationship with them.

So long as you pay with paypal and you never get your product, or you get the product but was not as described, they will make out a claim case and they will get you SOME money back, if not all. And they will even go through Ebay if need be.

It really has gotten a lot better in the past few years. Honest.
            I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Oh, I remember this one. I knew even before they were swore in she'd be ripping the defendant up one side and down the other. In the infamous words of a carrot chomping bunny " What a maroon".
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Is it bad that as a guy I like to watch Judge Judy? People's court was my favorite, but Judy rules .
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Nah, I watch it when I'm on vacation. When the neighbor was giving us grief a few months back over the sink issue, the husband joked that if he decided to sue us, we'd just go on Judge Judy and let her decide who was going to be responsible.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I always love seeing people get what they deserve. She got what she deserved.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                    X