This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic news! Congratulations!
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

• huh.... now that its on the record... do you think douche is going to be fired?

Comment

• Wonderful news!

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        huh.... now that its on the record... do you think douche is going to be fired?
        It sounds like the state has gone above and beyond to protect this prick so probably not, although you know this mess has angered his superiors to the Nth degree. This clown's not going anywhere and you know the higher-ups will do everything this side of legal to force him to resign...

Comment

• *happy dancing*

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
            It sounds like the state has gone above and beyond to protect this prick so probably not, although you know this mess has angered his superiors to the Nth degree. This clown's not going anywhere and you know the higher-ups will do everything this side of legal to force him to resign...
            Just a hope since the board kept it on the record and all

Comment

• Today's news:

I got a call from the attorney for the state. She's dropped the order from the Board off, with a copy of the settlement, to the state gov's HR office for them to start the paperwork.

I have been told to expect a call sometime later this week. I have been given the name of someone to call in the HR office on Monday, if I don't hear anything by next Friday.

A few people a while back suggested turning this into a War Story once I'm back at my job and getting paid again. While that's moderator discretion of course, I notice most of those are one post or a short set of posts, would an edited/complied version of this tale (including the predecessor thread that lead up to this, where I was being chewed out for taking time off for military duties) be more suitable for such a thing.

Comment

• That's what would happen they would cut out replies and mix multiple threads if needed but yay work!!!

When it happens you should tell us about your first day back

Comment

• That's a good idea. Maybe break it up into three parts.

Part one - prologue: the build up to the moment you are fired and find out why.

Part two - the story of you fighting back, the litigation, and the victory.

Part three - epilogue: describing the process of getting back to work and the first day back.

Bonus: anything you hear about anything happening to the ones that lead to all this

P.S. congrats and good luck.
                  I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

• They've mixed posts from multiple threads before, that's where they got customersruinmylife's War Story from.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Today's update in this saga. . .

I'm on my National Guard annual training from the 5th through the 22nd. Today the Commander sent us home a little early because we were quite ahead of schedule on getting things done. That meant I had a little time to make some calls to my once and future employer.

I look up the phone number in the State employee directory for the person the Attorney told me to call, and go through the phone menu/maze to get an employee that says that's the wrong office, but they give me the number to the right office.

I get in touch with one of the people the attorney said they dropped off the paperwork with, and explained the basics of the issue (that I had been terminated, but after an appeal to the Personnel Board they had settled and agreed to re-employ me, but I'd heard nothing back about a start date for my job). I was told that the person who actually handles things like that (the OTHER person the attorney told me to contact if there was a delay) is out of the office and I'd e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago to no reply, so I'm wondering if they've been on vacation this whole time.

The person I spoke to was rather stand-offish, almost offended that I'd called, she said she didn't handle that kind of issue, someone else did, and they'd get to it eventually, and asked about when would I like to come back some time next month, or maybe in July or some time this fall. . .and seemed rather disinterested in the whole issue, almost put-off that they would have to take me back, and I got the feeling that they were going to foot-drag on my reinstatement as much as possible.

To the question of when did I want to come back, I explained that the settlement agreed that I would get full back pay from the time of my termination to my reinstatement, so they would be retroactively paying me for at least 15 months of pay, including the time I'm talking to her right now.

That changed her tone real quick.

She said that the person who was out of the office did have a staff in that office, and she would e-mail that staff right now, and CC the person who is out of the office, to see if anybody knows about my situation and can get back to me (she also got my phone number to put in the e-mail).

Comment

• Quoth silverstaff View Post
                        To the question of when did I want to come back, I explained that the settlement agreed that I would get full back pay from the time of my termination to my reinstatement, so they would be retroactively paying me for at least 15 months of pay, including the time I'm talking to her right now.

What do you care to bet that new person didn't notice the back-pay clause before they went off on holiday, or whatever reason they're not in the office?
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth silverstaff View Post
                          I explained that the settlement agreed that I would get full back pay from the time of my termination to my reinstatement, so they would be retroactively paying me for at least 15 months of pay, including the time I'm talking to her right now.

Funny how when you bring up large sums of money peoples whole attitudes changes.

Comment

• Quoth Crai View Post
                            Funny how when you bring up large sums of money peoples whole attitudes changes.
                            I noticed that too...

Comment

• I'd like to think that it's also possible that she was so happily suprised that someone called who wanted to actually work for the money that she decided to go out of her way to be helpful.

Comment

• The newest update:

Yesterday morning at about 10:20 AM I got a call, from the District Supervisor of the agency office I will be working for, he was asking if I could start work next Monday, on the 23rd.

So, next Monday I start back to work.

All my friends who work for the State Government are amazed. . .they NEVER start people in the middle of a pay cycle, always on the 1st or 15th (starting someone in the middle of a pay cycle plays hell with the payroll paperwork), the fact they are putting me to work in the middle of the month says they are rushing things. . .probably because I pointed out that clause in the agreement that says I get back pay.

We'll see how things go that first day back.

I'll be honest, I was looking forward to resting that day. I've been on National Guard duty constantly for 15 days now, still 2 more days to go. I'm tired and sore and was really, really looking forward to a day or two of rest instead of a 5-day workweek. . .but I've been fighting to get my job back for 15 months so I can't exactly walk away now.

Also, it was pointed out that I should have a LOT of sick leave built up, since my old boss didn't let me take sick leave, and I should get credited with back sick leave too on top of pay and other benefits. If it wasn't literally my first day back I would probably call in sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X