Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Denny's commercial encourages suckiness?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked it out on YouTube as well ( as much as YouTube irks me, haha ).

Seriously, what did the customer expect the cashier to do? What an entitled prick. "That's not a real breakfast!" Says who? The restaurant says it is, or else they wouldn't have served it to you, so eat it and STFU. Oh, wait. . . says you? I'm sorry, I don't recall anyone tying your hands behind your back and forcing you to eat here.

I agree, that commercial more than irritated me.

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
      Grr. That's even worse than those Burger King "Whopper Freakout" commercials, since BK was 'reality' tv. To have a paid actor send the message that this is condoned and encouraged behavior is just asinine.
      I think the BK commercials are MUCH worse; at least in the Denny's commercial the OP mentioned, we're talking about a fictional situation with paid actors designed to sell a product.

On the other hand, the BK commercials supposedly show us real people in "real" situations. I understand the original idea was to show how much people love their whoppers but all I got out of it was a confirmation of how some fast-food customers are complete assholes. Personally, if I were one of the people in those "commercials" I'd be embarassed and mortified beyond belief to be shown on TV acting like that over a hamburger.
      Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I just YouTube'd the "Whopper Freakout" commercial, and. . . I didn't really have a problem with it.

Alright, the lady at the drive-through who was like, "Okay, get me your manager!" said so in a rather snotty tone of voice, but other than her, I think I would expect the same kinds of reactions from people if they removed the Whopper from the BK menu. I mean, the Whopper is a staple for a lot of BK customers ( as weird as that is, because those meat patties are the second worst ever to me, topped only by McD's ).

I was expecting people to be literally freaking out, like screaming, cursing, ranting & raving, arm gesticulations, the whole nine yards.

Which would be completely wrong, as in, not right at all, to berate the cashier who can't do a damn thing about it, but that's what I was expecting.

I think the Denny's commercial was worse. That bastard's accent made it twice as worse ( or maybe it was just the condescending tone in his voice I'm thinking of ).

Comment

I hate the car insurance commercial, where it's Bring Your Kid To Work Day, and the lady works at the bank, and her son discovers what happens when you push the button and send the tube to the car.....and he proceeds to send a jar of pens, rolls of quarters, a large bun, and someone's lunch and drink through it and it all hits this guys' car.

I know it's a commercial, but it makes me so mad I can't even watch it. Little brat. Who in the world would find that funny?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I just seen that commercial. It is sucky of him, and I truly expect to read about it happening on here.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              I hate the car insurance commercial, where it's Bring Your Kid To Work Day, and the lady works at the bank, and her son discovers what happens when you push the button and send the tube to the car.....and he proceeds to send a jar of pens, rolls of quarters, a large bun, and someone's lunch and drink through it and it all hits this guys' car.

I know it's a commercial, but it makes me so mad I can't even watch it. Little brat. Who in the world would find that funny?
              The little kid was too short to see over the counter. All he saw was a tube of air sucking up whatever he put in, and yeah, he was right at the age where this would be hilarious and worthy of much time and effort. Kids this young don't really understand that if it goes in, it has to come out, and this might be bad. They're still figuring it out by experimentation.

I was pissed at his mom for not explaining/enforcing the rules and leaving a child unattended that long. If she'd left him in a running car with the gears in neutral, who would be at fault when he pulled the emergency brake? I was also irritated at the guy in the car. Seriously, sharpened wooden stakes and metal projectiles coming flying at his car and he doesn't pull forward ten feet? He could have been killed, but never mind that, he has to make sure his car will be okay!
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
                I just YouTube'd the "Whopper Freakout" commercial, and. . . I didn't really have a problem with it. ...

I was expecting people to be literally freaking out, like screaming, cursing, ranting & raving, arm gesticulations, the whole nine yards.

Which would be completely wrong, as in, not right at all, to berate the cashier who can't do a damn thing about it, but that's what I was expecting.

I think the Denny's commercial was worse. That bastard's accent made it twice as worse ( or maybe it was just the condescending tone in his voice I'm thinking of ).

There are a number of Whooper "Freakout" commercials out there, including a ~7 minute long which does have people going nuts. Obviously this is all a matter of opinion but I still contend that watching "real" people act like douchebags is way worse then paid actors doing the same.
                Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I hate the Denny's commercial. It always sets my teeth on edge. The other commercial I can't stand is the Volkswagen 'sign and drive event' with morons trying to sign the lease contract while driving.

There was a commercial years ago about a little kid feeding oatmeal into a vcr. One of the kids I used to babysit saw it and decided if a vcr could eat oatmeal, it would be a good home for her Barbie doll, Barbie's clothes, shoes, etc. No one knew what had happened until the kid's dad tried to stick a tape into the machine, thought another tape was in it and hit the eject button. His wife said when things came flying out of the slot, the look on his face was priceless

Comment

There are kids who'll do that without seeing it on TV. They don't need an ad to tell them to put stuff in other stuff.

In fact a friend lost her car keys and hunted high and low for them. It turned out one of her kids had posted them into the washing machine. She ended up being very late for work that morning. Furtunately the boss was very understanding. So it was all round.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4jIpJSGL3c For those who wanna see it.

Personally I find it funny.

And for the record. I had someone try to give me a peice of paper that said 20 on it.

and he was really pissed off that I wouldn't take it.
                      I thought he was joking.
                      Til he knocked over a few displays on his way out.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                        It's just an ad. I wouldn't worry over it.

SCs are going to be SCs no matter what you do.

I think marasbaras is right. Some SCs might look at these commercials and think, "Gee, that's a clever thing to do."

But like marasbaras said, SCs will be SCs no matter what you do. Sure, some may try these things. But if they're SCish enough to do those things, then if they weren't doing these things, they'd probably be doing something else that's sucky.

The only commercials that really get to me are the ones that make workers look uneducated, dimwitted, and rude. Granted, there are some in the service industry that are uneducated, dimwitted, and rude, but it's not fair to portray everyone like that. Some commercials that take place in grocery stores show all the cashiers as ditsy teenage girls who are either too dingy to do their jobs right, or who would rather talk to their friend on the other register as opposed to pay attention to customers. Once again, some cashiers are like that, but a good number aren't, and it's not right to lump them in with the crappy ones.

Then again, most jobs come with stereotypes. There are stereotypes about doctors, accountants, teachers, professors, police officers, and so on. I'm currently in graduate school working on my Master of Library and Information Science degree (M.L.I.S, for abbreviation). This is the degree that people usually have to get if they wish to work as professional librarians or hold any other related position in libraries or information centers. Sometimes we talk about the stereotypes associated with librarians. Some of these stereotypes include old, female (apparently there are no male librarians *hehe*), and long, gray hair tied back in a bun. Once again, there are people in our field that are like this. But many aren't.

I guess no matter what you do in life, you're going to have to cope with people making assumptions about you.

Comment

Working...
                        X