Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I feel really bad for all the times I've just put my basket on the belt. I was doing it to save space, but I never thought that it might make extra work for the cashier.

Oh well. Live and learn.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank God I am not the only one who sucks at the math. For a while I really did think I was the only one. Its funny when people talk about how cashiers are rude and going off of scripts. Why do they think that happens? Its because half the people ignore us and therefore make it very clear that they really don't want us to say anything at all.
      "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

Comment

When I was a cashier and had all the SC refuse to unload their carriages I would go around the counter, unload the entire carriage THEN scan it. Making sure to do it as slowly as possible.

Comment

i work in a fast food restaurant, so everyone is in one line. If we aren't busy and people don't acknowledge that I've even said hi to them, I have this really bad habit of walking away from my till to do something.

I have better things to do then stand at my till for 5-10 minutes waiting for you to even notice that someone is ready to help you out.
          Yeah, I'm not bitter or anything, heh.

Comment

As far as not unpacking baskets - you get your crap bagged in the order I pull it out. I've said this before. If you don't want your condoms in with the mangoes then you should have pulled everything out yourself. Oh, wait, here's some bread, squashed at the bottom of the basket. That can go in the bag too.
            Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
            Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
            <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Well, along with Sylvia, I've occasionally left the basket full and on the conveyor. Though, in defense, that doesn't require anyone to bend, as it's at waist height. I will always empty a cart, however.

The only place where I don't do this is Trader Joe's, which doesn't have conveyors, and the checker has to empty the baskets/carts.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth sarahj View Post
                As far as not unpacking baskets - you get your crap bagged in the order I pull it out. I've said this before. If you don't want your condoms in with the mangoes then you should have pulled everything out yourself. Oh, wait, here's some bread, squashed at the bottom of the basket. That can go in the bag too.
                To all of you out there who don't live in the wonderful land of Oz < to Seshat and SarahJ and the others out there>, I'm almost feeling sorry for you. Especially after the various posts out there about not giving anything back to the SC's in the world.

In the jobs I've had to work (mostly call centre stuff), if the customer is particularly rude or swearing, we've got total ok to hang up on them (after warning them first of course).

And also, the managers I've had to work with have always had the attitude of 'You aren't paid enough to take crap from anyone" :-)
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                X