Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC is a very smart shoplifter (somewhat long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC is a very smart shoplifter (somewhat long)

Ok...reading this thread you probably realize that I am being sarcastic about this. This actually happened yesterday, but I am posting it today.

Ok...so this lady walks in with a victoria secret bag in her hand (this comes into play later). So I greeted her, and sensed something off about her, so I told her about the sales in the store and let her on her way keeping a close eye on them. Pretty soon I see her looking at our selection of sports bras, grab 2, and then drop them in her vicky secret bag. She then walks around, grabs 2 pairs of socks, and then brings them up to the counter. The following after all this occured:

Me:
    SSL: Stupid Shoplifter

Me: Hello! will this be it for today?
    SSL: Yes it will be
    Me: Ok...would you like to sign up for our frequent buyers rewards card? If you provide me your name, address, and e-mail address I can give you 10% off of your purchase today...
    SSL: Sure! (proceeds to fill out paperwork for the rewards card)
    Me: Ok, the 2 pairs of socks comes to a total of ____ (cant remember).

SSL at this point hands me a credit card, at which point I inform her that we check IDs for every card (which we do)...so she handed me her drivers license...which I compared to the rewards card paperwork.

Me: Ok...now that was the total for your socks..now I just need the 2 bras in your bag.
    SSL: I purchased these down the hall at Victoria Secret.
    Me: Im sorry but we dont have a Victoria Secret in this mall, and I am pretty sure they dont sell our products.
    SSL: Well I DID buy them at another store her in this mall that sells your product.
    Me: Im sorry but the only store near here who sells our products is Kohls, and they are across town. NOW you have 3 choices...you can leave the bras here with me...purchase the bras...or leave with them at which point I will call the police.
    SSL: By the time the police got here I would be long gone, blended in with the crowd in the Mall.
    Me: Maam you must think Im stupid....I have your name...address....and credit card...all which Ive verified against your ID (which was not fake...I used to bartend and spot a fake a mile away).

The lady decided to buy the bras, flip me off and inform me that she would never shop with us again. I informed her that she was definately right about that because I would be forwarding her name and info to all the stores in the corporation, I would also forward her information to our loss prevention department.
    "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

She had no tact whatsoever.

I used to think only teenagers were stupid in that aspect. Several times at the Deb shop, we'd see girls stuffing bras and panties into their huge brown Hollister paper bags. Yeah, because Hollister and Deb are that similar

Large groups of pre-teen/teenage girls, large Hollister or American Eagle bags, and secluded corners of the room = you know what they're up to!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

~sigh~ What I would give to be snarky with would-be shoplifters. Thing is, our store is very concerned with employee's safety (rightly so, I might add), but that also means we can't even IMPLY someone is stealing from us. Oh, you didn't scan the majority of your groceries in the self-checkout lane? Gee, our scanner seems to be acting up, let me help you over here... Basically, blame it on everything but the thief themselves. I understand the concept that it is to keep us safe, but I'm sure what isn't said is that it's also to protect the poor thief's feelings. Heaven forbid we accuse them of being lying little scumsuckers and they want to complain or sue or something. Can you tell this little rule irks me a bit?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

king4aday - You rock. Well played.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X