This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit, the throwing of meat, and drool

I have been working as a cashier for almost three years, so I've seen some doozys.

Fruit and drool guy

I had just started to ring out this middle aged couple. The guy hands me two white peaches to ring up, saying that he wanted to eat them right there. He continues ot eat them am ringing up the rest of their order. I tell them the total, reach out to get his wifes check. All of a sudden, he plops the two eaten white peach cores in my hand, drool and all. All I could do was stare at my hand with contempt. Then his wife sweetly says, "Oh, honey, he just wants you to throw them away."

WTF, sure I'll throw them...at your face!

Thank God the next lady in line was kind enough to let me wash my hands in the bathroom. Lol, she practicly demanded I do so.
    "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

What in hell made this couple think that was acceptable?!

You can't just put your trash in someone's hands, especially if its been in your mouth. They must have been raised by wolves.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I would have told that guy off, but then again I don't care if I lose my job. I refuse to tolerate stuff like that. It is disgusting and could potentially be a hazard to my health. It's one of the reason I want to own my own business. That shit won't fly in my store.
      Last edited by RedRoseSpiral; 01-28-2008, 08:23 PM.
      Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Ewww. Haven't had that happen, but people will sometimes try to hand you kleenex/napkins. Look, I don't know what you did with it or what's in it. Let me hold out the trash for you and you can throw it away. Also, don't DON'T hand me damp money. I don't know why it's damp and I get queezy at the thought. And keep those coupons or things I have to scan out of your and your child's mouth. I don't like handling spit. Sadly, the list goes on and on.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I would have dropped them on the floor right at his feet.

Comment

So what about the throwing of meat? I want to hear both stories.

Comment

I wonder if people doing that at my store is the reason why half the cashiers wear gloves now.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would have given a little scream and automatically dropped them on the counter. When people try to give me their tissues to throw away I hold up the trash can. Some of them look offended when I do that but tough. I know where the lip of the trash can I'm touching has been (well I kind of know), I don't know what the hell is in that tissue.
                "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
                George Carlin

Comment

umm i think the flesh of a peach is called the meat and the core called the pit so would it be pit throwing instead of meat throwing?

Comment

Oh sorry. I had meat (steak) thrown. I was working our self checkouts, and a guy couldn't get his steak to ring up correctly, so I went to help him. After I tried it once, he got so mad that he threw it into the cart, the cart I happend to be standing practicaly in front of. He's lucky it missed me.
                    "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      What in hell made this couple think that was acceptable?!

You can't just put your trash in someone's hands, especially if its been in your mouth. They must have been raised by wolves.
                      Nope, wolves are good parents. These two were obviously raised by wild assmarmots.
                      "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I was going to say, please don't offend the wolves.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

All of a sudden, he plops the two eaten white peach cores in my hand, drool and all. All I could do was stare at my hand with contempt. Then his wife sweetly says, "Oh, honey, he just wants you to throw them away."
                          I can just imagine how i'd want to react....

"He can throw them out himself. That is DISGUSTING. It's covered with his spit! ... Can someone please get me some hand sanitizer?"

And of course putting them right back in their hands...

If they complain... "I really don't care. Do you seriously think ANYONE wants to touch your spit covered trash?"

Then barf on them.

Comment

Working...
                          X