This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's false advertising!

This happened at Publix about a week or so ago, while I was at the deli. I think the deli is one of my favorite places for sucky customer stories, like this one:

SC: You know who
    DE: Deli employee

SC: Yes, I'd like a pound of the Publix turkey at $5.99 a pound.
    DE: I'm sorry, maam, but it's $7.99 per pound.
    SC: That's not correct! Your sign up there says $5.99 per pound!
    DE: Yes, maam, it does, but it also says "pre-sliced only".
    SC: Well, pre-sliced is what it is before you put it in the bag!
    DE: I'm sorry, but the pre-sliced is over there in the cooler. If we slice it here, it's $7.99 per pound.
    SC: That's false advertising! (And the lady did not immediately storm off, but took her $7.99 per pound turkey. She probably went to see a manager later on and got her $5.99 per pound price).

The sign up above the deli was white, with black lettering stating this. And, there was an orange sticker on it, with black magic marker saying "PRE-SLICED ONLY!". There was no way you could miss it, and it was proven to this lady what the conditions of it were, yet she continued to argue.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 02-02-2008, 06:54 PM.

Knowing me I would have been confused at first, but I wouldn't have thrown a fit and hollered about false advertising. Instead I would have said, "Ooooh... I'm dumb," and decided on pre-sliced or deli sliced.

Comment

Me too! I've been known to be oblivious, in fact i did it a couple of weeks ago. Was in a candle store, buying wax tarts for my burner...saw a sign, but didn't really pay attention, it said "6 for $5" - so i thought, pretty good, they are ususally about $1.69 each.

So i pick some out, and they ring up, and my total is $10 something...i was confused, but didn't say anything. As i was leaving, i saw it was ONLY the ones in the basket that were one sale...oops,. but i like what i got, and it wasn't a big deal, so i said nothing. It was my own fault for not paying closer attention!

Comment

I'm guessing you live in Pembroke Pines.
        I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
          I'm guessing you live in Pembroke Pines.
          I work p/t at Publix (cashier) elsewhere in Florida, and we get the same *bleep* at the registers, "Oh, that should ring up $x.xx" and then they get upset when it doesn't!! So we have to get someone to go back to the aisle/section and check the flipping tags to confirm the price!!

Grrr...
          Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I'm a total dick to those who can't read. But a polite dick. Case in point.

Customer brings one item up. I scan it. Its .69 cents. Customer says "The sign says two for a dollar!!!" .
            I nod. "Yep. Two for a dollar, do you want two?".
            Customer; "IT should be .50 cents!!"
            Me: "Show me the sign that says that".
            Customer: (Rips sign off, puts in on counter). "THERE!!"
            Me: (reading slowly). "Hmm... TWO. For. a DOLLAR... (reading the print thats right under that word). "Or ONE for .69 cents.... HMMMMMMM".
            At this point, most customers read the whole sign. But still complain.

Other times. Customer brings up 2 2-liters of soda. I ring it up. They scream that it says 2/2.50. I ask where the sign that says that.
            They point it to me.
            Me: Hmmmm... 2 ONE liters for 2.50....
            SC: YEAH! SO gimme price!!!"
            ME: (reading the 2-liters). "Hmmm... This says 2 liters...."
            SC: "Well... the sign is confusing!!! GIMME THAT PRICE>
            ME: Hmmm... No.

And so on and so on.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...