Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just try to figure out how much time they're 'saving' by typing '2', in place of writing out the word 'to'.
    Last edited by Sonoma; 02-02-2008, 04:32 AM. Reason: Quotes are good for clarification
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Saw this guy on another forum use "ne" for "any". The guy was too lazy to type a 3 letter word? Glad I got out of k-12 before all these idiots started coming through and no child left behind kicked in.
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        I hate, loathe, and abhor "netspeak." Drives me up the fucking wall. I don't mind the occasional acronym, in fact, I use some of them, but anything that has more symbols than letters in it makes me want to kill.
        I guess you'd like the site rules then

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth looney_librarian View Post
          Saw this guy on another forum use "ne" for "any". The guy was too lazy to type a 3 letter word?
          I think that using bad spelling and grammar is rude, and that is a perfect example.

Not bothering to type out entire words shifts the workload onto the reader. It would take me at least 50 times as long to figure out what this assclown means by "ne" as it would for him to type out the extra letter. The reader is forced to pick up the writer's slack, and in spades.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I was asked to help out a fellow student years back.
            Turned out he'd been to a really shite school, and the teacher had said that it didn't matter how words were spelled, as long as the meaning was clear.
            It took me a while to get through to him that even slight changes in spelling can seriously alter meanings.

Comment

Our rota is emailed out to staff. This is this week's email (with the name changed):

"Ok this is Marys first solo attempt be kind. any probs come see me cant say ill be able to do much but id try.

Mary"

It just struck me as enormously unprofessional.
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Would you mind linking us to that particular story? My morbid sense of curiosity is now piqued and I have an urge to see this steaming pile of grammatical crap.
                I'll copy it and send it to you in a PM once a mod says I can. It's an adult story that cannot be posted here.

Is it ok that I do this mods?
                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

People can do almost anything they want in PMs, as long as both people agree (aka no harassment etc.) and that seems to be the case. Have at it!
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                  X