This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sucky customer who didn't get his way

A little background first. I work at a pizza place as a delivery driver. I've been there almost five years. Now I'm the type of person that will not give in to an sucky customer. Now here's the story.

I was closing at work last night. 5pm to 2am. Around supper it got really busy. Delivery times being close to an hour. Now we have a new promotion going on called "You got 30 minutes." That 30 minutes is NOT a guarantee, it's just an estimate. Says it on the box. So this guy had called earlier complaining that he didn't get his pizza in 30 minutes and wanted to talk to a manager. Well I didn't talk to him that time. So he calls back later. I ask him to hold as there were pizzas coming out of the oven. I take care of that. Go answer the phone.

Me "Thank you for calling D*****s Pizza. How may I help you?"

SC "Yes is there a manager I could speak to?"

Me" Not at the moment, but I may be able to help you"

SC" Oh ok. I ordered a pizza at 6:13pm at it got here at about 6:55pm and it says 30 minutes. And it took over 40 to get here"

Me "And what would you like me to do about that?"

SC "I want a free pizza."

Me "Unfortunately I can not give you a free pizza for an order that only took 40something minutes to get to you."

SC "Well how about a credit then?"

Me "Nope I can not do that either."

Now I know he is getting pissed cause he isn't getting his way like he thought he would.

SC " Can you leave a message for the manager?"

Me "Sure"

SC "Tell the manager that HE'S GOING TO TAKE A BIG ONE UP THE ASS FROM A GAY GUY!!!" hangs up phone.

So I pick up the phone and call his number back.

"Yes this is D*****s pizza calling. I had just talked to you on the phone and due to what you said we will no longer be delivering pizza to your residence ever. Thank you. Goodbye."

So then this guy starts calling from his friends phone saying he's a lawyer. We aren't stupid. So we aren't falling for that. He gave up by the third phone call.

Quoth jacob View Post
    So then this guy starts calling from his friends phone saying he's a lawyer. We aren't stupid. So we aren't falling for that. He gave up by the third phone call.
    A 'lawyer' who thinks you have to deliver to anyone who demands it? Heh - your pizza must be good if they resort to crap like that to push you around.

Rapscallion

Comment

Ooooooooooooooooh, someone works for Dominos.

Seriously, when I order pizza it's usually delivered within 20 minutes. If I'm told it'll be 45 minutes, I'll wait until an hour or so has passed before I call and ask where my pizza is.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth jacob View Post
        SC "Tell the manager that HE'S GOING TO TAKE A BIG ONE UP THE ASS FROM A GAY GUY!!!"
        Eh... someone's insecure about their manhood...
        And has given a reason for your manager to sue for assault, I would think, particularly if the manager is straight. Sexual assault, if my memory serves.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Ooooooooooooooooh, someone works for Dominos.

Seriously, when I order pizza it's usually delivered within 20 minutes. If I'm told it'll be 45 minutes, I'll wait until an hour or so has passed before I call and ask where my pizza is.
          I understand when people call back like that. I would too if they said 30 minutes and I was still waiting for my food after an hour. When it gets really busy we stop quoting times and just say "It will be there as soon as possible." And yes I work for Dominos.

Comment

I usually give them about double the estimated time.

Most of the time it's just cause the delivery driver got lost. I always seem to live in weird areas, with unmarked streets lol.

Hey, as long as it's hot and cooked correctly (I hate doughy crust =\ ), I don't really care
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

lol. that's total pwnage

and i just have to laugh...
              "Lawyer eh? So you know all about how a threat of assult - such as his threat of sexual assult on the manager - can land him in jail yes? ... so does he still want to prosecute for being denied service over sexual assult threats?"

Comment

Best thing to say when some one calls claiming to be a lawyer:

"I'm sorry, but all communication must now go through our legal department. You should know how to contact them."

Most places cannot deal directly with a customer once litigation has been invoked, and a real lawyer would know that. I would assume a real lawyer would know how to contact a corporation's legal counsel.

Comment

Ha, I had a feeling that slogan would lead so some SCs...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I thought one particular pizza chain beginning with a "D" stopped promoting the 30 minute delivery time due to some pizza drivers having accidents.

But that guy was a major jerk. It got there in under an hour--just enjoy the d@mn pizza!

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post

"I'm sorry, but all communication must now go through our legal department. You should know how to contact them."

Most places cannot deal directly with a customer once litigation has been invoked, and a real lawyer would know that. I would assume a real lawyer would know how to contact a corporation's legal counsel.
                      If I ever start a business again, this will be part of official policy.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
                        I thought one particular pizza chain beginning with a "D" stopped promoting the 30 minute delivery time due to some pizza drivers having accidents.

But that guy was a major jerk. It got there in under an hour--just enjoy the d@mn pizza!
                        They did stop doing that. This new promotion is telling the customers that they have 30 minutes to do something while the pizza is on its way. On the box it says "30 minutes is not a guarantee. Just an estimate. You may get more."

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post

I used to work for the richest man in the state of Michigan. He owns 4 sports teams (Soon to be 3), the arena itself (Funded by him), and a world renown glass company. You have no idea how hard it was to not burst out laughing as soon as the lawyer threat was invoked.
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                          X