This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Challenge for Argabarga!

So, guy racks up a lot of parking tickets.

His response is to start driving a school bus. He figures it can't be towed or booted.

Calling Argabarga! Sir! The gauntlet has been thrown down!

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/...cmo?hpt=ju_bn2
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Seems more like a job for....Twitch!
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

That's a small bus, possibly small enough for a regular tow truck.
      And if it comes down to it, a heavy wrecker shouldn't be too hard to whistle up.

Yeah, if they really want it, it's gone.

"I park where I want" indeed.

Comment

Don't know about Kansas City MO, but around here he'd be in DEEP shit. It's illegal for any vehicle except a school bus to be painted Chrome Yellow. If you buy a vehicle that was formerly used as a school bus, you are REQUIRED to remove the school bus-specific equipment (stop sign on the side, red flashing lights, "don't cut in front too close for the driver to see" arm, etc.) and repaint it in a different colour.

As for towing a school bus (real or impersonator), I'd imagine it would be the same as any other vehicle - make sure it's not occupied, and use a big enough tow truck (there are some that can tow a loaded semi, and NO school bus is that heavy). BTW, the article mentioned 44 inch tires - they're not using the standard measurement system (tires being sized according to rim diameter). That sounds like the diameter of the tire itself.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Every vehicle will, eventually, break down.

Every vehicle has it's tow-truck equivalent.

The ARMY has vehicles for towing TANKS

Size will not save you

Weight will not save you

EVERYONE can be towed.

The only thing that changes is the cost of the tow bill.

Around here during football, we get these folks who think their RV or old school bus for tailgating means they can just ignore us here at Friendly Neighborhood Towing like mere ants. And they can. But they can't ignore...

BIG IRON BIRD TOWING!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...7f7f6f7b03a0c9
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

If all else fails, you can tow a tank with... another tank. You should see what a Mathilda II can haul.

Comment

Argabarga, have you read any of the "Hammer's Slammers" series by David Drake? It's a very well-developed universe, and one of the books (can't recall which) touches VERY briefly on a recovery vehicle to tow 100 ton hovertanks.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In Phoenix buses used to break down all the time, and the tow company sometimes would show up with a flatbed semi to pick them up.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I've seen public transit buses being towed, but I don't remember specifics about the vehicle being used for that purpose.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    Every vehicle will, eventually, break down.

Every vehicle has it's tow-truck equivalent.

The ARMY has vehicles for towing TANKS

Size will not save you

Weight will not save you

EVERYONE can be towed.

I totally heard this in Don Lafontaine's voice (the movie trailer guy, RIP)
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                      In Phoenix buses used to break down all the time, and the tow company sometimes would show up with a flatbed semi to pick them up.
                      "Used to"? Still do.
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I drove buses for over 5 years and saw my fair share of breakdowns.

I will repeat what has been said here - NOTHING is untowable - not even a boeing 747 (they need to be towable to be taxied! )
                        Violets are blue,
                        Roses are red,
                        I bequeath to thee...
                        A boot to the head >_>

Comment

The public transportation bus company here has it's own wrecker just for them. You figure once you have a big enough fleet, with enough miles traveled, you're going to have enough breakdowns that it's cheaper to buy your own truck vs call in the heavy-duty from somewhere else.
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Don't know about Kansas City MO, but around here he'd be in DEEP shit. It's illegal for any vehicle except a school bus to be painted Chrome Yellow. If you buy a vehicle that was formerly used as a school bus, you are REQUIRED to remove the school bus-specific equipment (stop sign on the side, red flashing lights, "don't cut in front too close for the driver to see" arm, etc.) and repaint it in a different colour.
                            Illinois has a similar law. In fact, if a bus is used for any other purpose, the school has to be covered.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I see both School and Commuter buses broken down a fair bit. Most of the towing companies here have at least one _huge_ wrecker, they look like they're built on an elongated tractor/trailer cab. Since having one of these isn't cost-effective for the bus companies/school district they call these in when they're needed. We even call them when our trash trucks bite the dust.

Granted in a small parking lot there could be a problem hooking up but if the lot's big enough to get a bus in the wrecker should be able to get it...

Comment

Working...
                              X