This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
    Not sure if this happens in Australia (that is, their details getting passed on to ASIO [our homeland security]), but this is the judgement I mentioned earlier. The judge showed a shitload of patience for the guy at least.
    That is an entertaining read. Glad to see someone in the legal community is taking action to make this crap a bit easier to understand.

Comment

Sovereign citizens aren't 'driving' when they operate a motor vehicle they are 'traveling' therefore they don't need a driver's license. It never goes well when they pull that one.

My SIL's friend was trying to explain to my brother and me why you have the right to refuse to produce a driver's license when a cop asks for one after pulling you over. He claims there is no law that states you must produce one. I don't know if he's a sovereign citizen or just an idiot.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
        Sovereign citizens aren't 'driving' when they operate a motor vehicle they are 'traveling' therefore they don't need a driver's license. It never goes well when they pull that one.

My SIL's friend was trying to explain to my brother and me why you have the right to refuse to produce a driver's license when a cop asks for one after pulling you over. He claims there is no law that states you must produce one. I don't know if he's a sovereign citizen or just an idiot.
        At least in California, he's just an idiot. It IS required by law to produce a valid license if you're driving and get pulled over. See https://www.shouselaw.com/vc-12951.html.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
          He claims there is no law that states you must produce one.
          In South Dakota, that law is 32-12-39.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post

Hard to say, clearly from other replies some(probably MOST) places do have such a law. However, if there isn't, he's technically correct... However that does mean he has to accept the CONSEQUENCES of not producing one, such as charges of driving without a license...

That's the part that really confuses that kind of person.

Comment

On the subject of Sovereign Citizens:

Judge Hurley hilariously owns Sovereign Citizen

5:50 is where the fun begins.
              "So you're the Settler, the Agent, and the Individual, but not the Person is that correct?"

It just gets better (or worse depending on perspective) from there. Ends with this gem:
              11:06 "If you see the Person David Hall, tell him he's not leaving jail either!"

I like Judge Hurley!
              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                In South Dakota, that law is 32-12-39.
                Or MCL 257.311 in Michigan.
                "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Anyway, it just comes back to people believing whatever they see or read online. I mean, how many posts are there that give "tricks" on how to get your cable or phone company to give discounts. How many articles that say that grocery stores are "ripping you off" and give magic words and phrases that will instantly grant you special deals.

So it doesn't surprise me that someone would watch a youtube video and think it would be a formula to get out of legal trouble. The gall to storm out and say that they won, even though the judge said different, is alarming. I wish we hadn't gone down the Sovereign Citizen rabbit hole, because I think it's much more simple that all those posts. This particular person wants to make their own rules and get their own way, which is classic SC behavior, and why we're all here.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

At my gun club we had a member that started preaching that sovereign citizen stuff. Leadership received several complaints, he was asked to stop, he didn't, he was then told to stop, he didn't so he was expelled from the club.
                    A few years ago he started filing fraudulent liens on folks property. He eventually filed on the wrong guy and the guy pushed back. Now Mr. SC is setting in jail for the next several years. Most doubt that he'll live to finish his time. All that just to be a jerk.
                    A few years ago a local SC backed over a guy at a 4th July celebration and killed him. He tried the lien stuff and lost, he got life.
                    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      So it doesn't surprise me that someone would watch a youtube video and think it would be a formula to get out of legal trouble. The gall to storm out and say that they won, even though the judge said different, is alarming. I wish we hadn't gone down the Sovereign Citizen rabbit hole, because I think it's much more simple that all those posts. This particular person wants to make their own rules and get their own way, which is classic SC behavior, and why we're all here.
                      This is just typical narcissistic behavior. My rules, my facts, my way, I won you lost (even though I lost), NO I did not say that, No I did not do that NO that never happened I am sssooooo great (gas lighting and rug sweeping), etc. <filling in the rest of the narc's behavior play book>

Unfortuneately this kind behavior seems to be getting more common here in the US. I suspect one reason but will not say because that is Fratching material.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We had a couple of those sovereign citizen nutcases around here. One guy kept claiming there was no such thing as the United States of America, so he "technically wasn't a citizen" of the USA, therefore was not obligated to pay his taxes. His reasoning was very convoluted, and if I recall correctly, was based on a misinterpretation of the Constitution.

I believe the IRS was not impressed.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          We had a couple of those sovereign citizen nutcases around here. One guy kept claiming there was no such thing as the United States of America, so he "technically wasn't a citizen" of the USA, therefore was not obligated to pay his taxes. His reasoning was very convoluted, and if I recall correctly, was based on a misinterpretation of the Constitution.

I believe the IRS was not impressed.
                          I recall somewhere that the fine for trying those now is around $5,000. Minimum.

There have been a few cases of SC folks trying that crap in the family court down here. Of the two I remember, one of them had a whole bunch of other health issues with the SC thing being the cherry on top, while the other one was just simply trying to use those arguments. Both cases had the judges ream the person involved out and neither of them got custody.

Comment

On a related note I bought a fucked up handgun and I'm trying to fix the youtube trigger job this guy did on it. I'm about to give up and send it back to MFR.
                            AkaiKitsune
                            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                              On a related note I bought a fucked up handgun and I'm trying to fix the youtube trigger job this guy did on it. I'm about to give up and send it back to MFR.
                              A friend of my youngest daughter got an iPhone 7 and it didn't have a head phone jack. Someone told her of a youseTube video that says the jack is really there just under the casing and all you had to do was drill a hole in a specific spot. Well her and her boyfriend did and well, they found out the hard way not to believe everything on youseTude.
                              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

I'm amazed in all my years of dealing with the motoring public, I've never once run across one of the sovcit/OCPL crowd, seeing as they treat traffic violations as right up there with War Crimes.

Hey Roscoe? Remember General Geoff? What are the odds he's gone full sovcit these days? I mean, he tired to sell us all on that "There's no such thing as income tax!" conspiracy theory back in the day......
                                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X