This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh, we can add caffeine for you..."

My mom and her "cranky old man" drove to Gettysburg last week to tour and such.

They stop at a Starbucks in Gettysburg and "cranky" doesn't like/can't handle caffeine after a certain time of day so he asks mom if she can get him a fruit tea or similar. So she gets to the counter and, being unfamiliar with the menu, asks the cashier if they have any teas/drinks with no caffeine.

The cashier looks at her for about 3 seconds, and answers: "Nothing has caffeine, but we can add that in for you."

Cue mom's brain screeching to a halt and then her trying to explain to three workers (who all look the same) that caffeine is a naturally occurring substance and exists in all coffee and teas except herbal and fruit-based. I don't think she was successful.

Adding pure caffeine the same way they'd add a flavoring would probably kill someone.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

They work at Starbucks - an international COFFEE CHAIN - and don't know there's caffeine in tea and coffee?? They don't know you have to take it out for it to be caffeine free?

I'd fire the lot of them if that was my store.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

... just add it in... with what? eyedroppers? The pure stuff, or even some pre-dilute powder, stirred in...
      no, just NO.
      MoonCat has it right. Those lawsuits waiting to happen need to happen somewhere else.

Comment

This might be a dumb question but what do Salt Lake City Starbucks sell?��
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          This might be a dumb question but what do Salt Lake City Starbucks sell?��
          Assorted xanthines in modified aqueous solutions.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

They sell rationalizations.... Or outright denial.

I was once chatting with a nice young Mormon lady (it came up in the conversation) about caffeine. She was happy to have a Coke without her aunt giving her grief about it. Her own opinion was that such-and-such an Elder had said it was OK in moderation, but the aunt was very much against that. The youngster countered that chocolate also had caffeine in it, and the auntie replied, "NO IT DOESN'T!!"

Rationalizations, or outright denial... Or, you know, selling to non-Mormons...
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              My mom and her "cranky old man" drove to Gettysburg last week to tour and such.
              Crap, I was there just a couple months ago with the Scout Troop, there are way better places then the sneech coffee, next time go to Eighty-Two Cafe on Steinwehr Ave.

WHY? Because they forgot to pack sugar and creamer. If I had to go out 1st thing for that-might as well just get the whole package.
              Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 10-05-2018, 02:23 PM.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
              X