Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolfe looks at Amy. "I will show you your rooms." Says Amy. "As for coffee, yes..though I will warn you that it might be a bit stronger then you are use to. As for letting you know when we are ready, I will send one of the clerics here to let you know."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sam blushes a bit, not used to people fussing over her. She made a mental note to check before they left and make sure she'd help out the clerics to somewhat 'pay' for her room and board.
      Last edited by Kanalah; 08-29-2011, 12:21 AM.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

((wonders how one can blush under her breath))

sarlon nods to the coffee comment and simply states, "well if you can't chew it then it isn't coffee...I will take my leave and see you in the morn then."

Sarlon inclines her head slightly before heading out to the inn where her room was arranging for a very early breakfast, and mentioning that cleric would be by in the morning to call for her, then heads to her room to finalize packing and make ready for an early start.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

((jeez I am so worn out)) ((Edit: Wow I am so tired I can't even think of how to fix it....geez))

Comment

((hides her blush behind her hands?))
            A skittering feeling runs down Ananda's spine when Amy mentions Paladine, and has to wonder where her place is in this world.
            She goes with Sarlon, and also prepares for the next day, trying to think of things she might have forgotten to ask about...
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Ananda and Sarlon are awoken quite..rudely as information floods their mind. Arcane knowledge, flows through them, making them aware that the highest circle of spell they can cast is fifth ((as well that they can cast a total of 32 levels worth of spells per day, but it is worded a bit different)).

Sam's knowledge does not come so abruptly. It is almost as if the very wind whispers to her, filling her with knowledge. Her powers come from Ehlonna, Elven goddess of nature. As such there is no real limit how many spells she can cast, except that which Ehlonna decides not to grant. (Though there is a limit on how strong of a spell, though in some cases Ehlonna might decide to grant the spell). ((5th circle is normal max, but the goddess sometimes allows exceptions)). She can transform into a creature 1 time per day (and back). The 'components' gathered are sort of sacrifices to the goddess..to encourage her to allow the spell to be cast, but are not absolutely necessary.

The Clerics come around to wake everybody up, and it is almost immediately apparent that anything bought by the group is just extra. Outside Amy has about 10 camels fully packed with gear, food, drink, and the like. Including one camel loaded with nothing but catalyst stones of all colors, sizes and shapes.
              Last edited by Mytical; 08-30-2011, 08:53 PM.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

sarlon wakes with a shout and falls out of bed muttering some words, looking bleary eyes outside at the dark sky.

"when I get my hands on the idiot that did that wake up call...."

she makes a rather violent right hook motion as she pulls on the clothing she had laid out yawning the entire time.
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

((If nobody minds, posting an update..if anybody has anything to add..just yell. Including Sam leaving a generous donation in the donation plate )).

The group travels for most of the day, through sand .. lots and lots of sand. The ground starts getting rocky and hard, and this seems to confuse Amy. "We shouldn't have hit the blasted lands..they are weeks away.." She becomes even more confused when the group starts seeing dying trees and the land becomes almost swamp like.

Sam and Wolfe can 'feel' that something is wrong with the land..the animals with them are getting hesitant. A dark shadow falls on the group, and the wolf growls looking up into the air. Flying over head is what looks like a red lion with a human head, giant batlike wings, and a scorpions tail.
                  Last edited by Mytical; 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

(( Of course Sam did, how did you know Myt. ))

Sam looks up after hearing the wolf growl. She had felt weird all morning, like headache and stomachache and just wrong all over. She saw the strange creature and for a brief moment wished she could turn into it, but as she watched it she began feeling a sense of 'wrongness' eminating from it.

Comment

((ahem....KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLI T!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT !KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!))

Sarlon looks up at the thing flying over head wondering what it is...

"amy? what in the name of the ancients...is that thing?"

Comment

"Manticore. Usually created by foul magics, warped and twisted creatures forged by mages to guard or protect places. It is not alone."

Sure enough as soon as Amy mentions it, Sam can feel that other creatures that have been warped are following them. Wolfe lets out a low growl under his breath. "How did we miss them?!"

"Magic, powerful magic. Sermator, or his twisted counterpart is near." Amy just keeps looking forward.

Comment

Sam tightens her grip on her staff. "What's the plan Amy?"

Comment

((crap...can't find the spell list....can i use the 3.5 PHB?))

"we kill it obvilouly....either to put it out of its misery, or cleanse the world of that foul abomination."

Comment

((Use this list http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists...zardSpells.htm))

"Not yet. I would prepare your spells, and get ready..but for now we wait. Sermator will want to be present when they attack us. Which is what we need. We can destroy these all days, and he will send more..we have to stop him."

Comment

Soon you come to a small hill. Standing on the hill is a rather young looking man holding tipped with a green gem. Humanoid creatures, covered in a weird moss, are lined up behind him..one does not have to be cleric or druid to feel the wrongness of these creatures.

"Listen carefully. I need the group, besides Sam..to make sure that it is me and Sermator only. I have a special job for Sam. However, do not let these..abominations touch you..at all costs..or you will become one of them. Do not forget the Manticore, it will be watching for a chance to attack."

She calls Sam close and whispers something. ((Check PM))

Comment

Working...
                                X