This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya Never Believe They're Grown

My daughter had taken her little brother to school with her to prep her classroom for the hordes of n00b 12-year-old scientists.

By noon he was bored, so she checks that he has bus fare and he leaves.

4:30 she calls me to drive north on State Street looking for him while she drives south because he isn't home (15 miles from her school). passed her about 2 miles from the school and keep going north just in case he ducked into a store for a drink or something when she was passing. At the 10 mile mark I get a call: She'd found him in an arcade near (1-2 miles) the school.

Baby bro is 26...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

My older brother does this to me all the time. He knows exactly how long it takes me to get from anywhere to home, whether it's our house or my apartment in the city. If I am not home in that time limit, he send out the search parties.

The number of times I have gotten in call just as I was getting in from the corner store, because it took me 2 minuts longer than my usual run time are too countless to mention.

Though I need to ask, doesn't your son have a cell phone?!
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

No cell, brain or otherwise.
      It had been 4+ hours, almost enough time for him to have walked, even if he skipped the bus.
      "Big" sis (32) got all the responsibilty instinct for all 5 of her siblings.

Now me, I'm kinda missing that "s/he loves me, s/he love me not" flower... what's. it called? Oh yeah, lack-a-daisy-cal. My mode would be more, "Hmm. Haven't seen E. for a week or so. I wonder if he ever got home?"
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Until I hit your last line, I assumed her "little" brother was maybe 8 or 9 ...

Comment

Working...
        X