This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expendables 2

Basically, take all of the action and star power of the first "Expendables" movie, and crank it up to eleven. Then rip the knob off and override it so it goes up to twelve.

Yeah, it's kinda like that. I mean, you have Stallone, Statham, Lundgren, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, and Liam Hemsworth with the good guys (and Jet Li making a much smaller appearance), plus Willis and Schwarzenegger in expanded roles, plus bonus appearances by Chuck Norris-- and Van Damme as your villain!

Don't expect much story, but plenty of action. Lots of fun was had, including a nod to the Chuck Norris Facts!

[Barney (Stallone): "I heard you once got bit by a king cobra."
    Booker (Norris): "That's right. And after five days of agonizing pain, the cobra died."
    ]

I almost kinda hope they make a third one. But who would you get to add to the cast for Expendables 3?

Me, personally, I'd wanna see Danny Trejo and Bruce Campbell join the fun.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

I noticed that it was getting better reviews than I expected on Rotten Tomatoes. We plan to catch it in the theater.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just got back from seeing this, and it was great. I love the taglines that everyone is quoting...for everyone else, lol.

Arnold and Bruce Willis were awesome, and the Chuck Norris bit...Classic!
      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Seeing it Monday night! Totally stoked.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing this!
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Going tomorrow night with Mrs. Crossbow. We both really liked the first one, so this should be fun.

Current discussion for who's being added to the next one is Nicholas Cage, Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, and *maybe* (believe it when I see it) Sean Connery. I won't believe any of them until I see the trailers...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              Going tomorrow night with Mrs. Crossbow. We both really liked the first one, so this should be fun.

Current discussion for who's being added to the next one is Nicholas Cage, Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, and *maybe* (believe it when I see it) Sean Connery. I won't believe any of them until I see the trailers...
              Totally up for Sean Connery, I thought of him and Harrison Ford too. Maybe Danny Glover (I'm getting to old for his shit) and Mel Gibson as well. Bruce Campbell is a good choice, and I would love to see Jackie Chan as well.
              Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Quoth kansasgal View Post
                Totally up for Sean Connery, I thought of him and Harrison Ford too. Maybe Danny Glover (I'm getting to old for his shit) and Mel Gibson as well. Bruce Campbell is a good choice, and I would love to see Jackie Chan as well.
                All good choices.

If they do get Bruce Campbell, he absolutely NEEDS to call people "screwheads."

Bonus points if he looks at Hale Caesar's (Terry Crews) big-ass automatic shotgun and goes, "That's cute." And pulls out some big-ass gun of his own. And calls it his "boomstick."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                  X