This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post

I was seriously considering the Note, I love stylii and can't quite get the hang of the weeny touchscreen buttons. But it wasn't the cost that turned me off; it was the sheer damn size of the thing. I have very small hands!
    I also have quite small hands and in terms of tablet size, I figured that the 10" tablets would be better (or close to).

If you're getting a phone or a tablet, one thing I was thankful of was that I could test-drive the tablets at the store. So when I went in today, I opened up a web browser (or in the case of the iPads, just typing SOMETHING in somewhere) and typed in a web address to test how the keyboard felt under my fingers.

In terms of phones, the HTC Wildfire S is small and works nicely.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

this is me on a sugar high. Why? Because....

I'M GETTING THE NEW iPAD TOMORROW!

A bit over what the two department stores had in terms of price (about $30-$40 more), I'm very pleased. Just gotta decide which case I'm gonna get for it....(not getting the piece of shit plastic that is marketed as a "smart cover".)

Comment

Brookstone has a case with a built-in bluetooth keyboard. My sister has it and loves it - she uses it for work (1st year resident in an urban hospital) all the time.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          Brookstone has a case with a built-in bluetooth keyboard. My sister has it and loves it - she uses it for work (1st year resident in an urban hospital) all the time.
          I've noticed a few of those out there-the bluetooth keyboards.

At the moment, I'm pushing it in terms of price (this was the bulk of my tax refund, the rest is going towards bills), so I'm going to settle for something that lets me change the angle of the iPad so I can go from viewing to typing.

I already know a few apps that I'm gonna use since I already use their Android counterparts (Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Evernote, iBooks and Slice It).

Although not to hijack KiaKat's thread too much, those who belong to the "permanently attached to hand club" or the "electronic paper" club (aka iPad), can you recommend some apps for those of us who are new to iPhones or iPads?

Comment

Let's see...

I use Yelp, Nike+ (running), America's Test Kitchens Cook's Illustrated (product reviews and recipes), Pandora, iTunesU (*brilliant* for learning new things), Tiny Piano (useful for vocal warmups, but only has two octaves, my range is 2.5), Netflix, Hi-Def Radar (from NOAA), TeaMap (thank Lupo for that one), NPR News (easily-downloaded podcasts of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me), LivingSocial (great deals!), Fandango (movie tickets!), Etsy (I spend too much money there...), and Pandora (useful for work music). Among games, I have Bejeweled Blitz (connects to FB), Slingo (brainless, good for time-killing), and Sims Medieval (need to grab one of the City ones...).

Comment

Kia and fireheart, download Apps Gone Free. You get a daily report of applications that are free for a limited time.

Comment

Will do when I get it thanks.

Also can anyone tell me if Forum Runner is needed to be able to view CS.com? I'm setting aside around $20 today so I can buy some apps that I desperately need. I already have Evernote on my lappy and phone, so that's not an issue. Although if anyone else can recommend a good note-taking app for uni, that would be great too.

In terms of games, I'm already getting Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Slice It and possibly Robotek and 1 or 2 other games. (the free versions for all of them)

Comment

Forum Runner makes it a bit easier to post on CS.com, though it's not necessary. You can use a browser (avoid Chrome, for now. It's being screwy on iPhone) to handle the site as you would on a computer. I have Forum Runner on my phone, and never use it.

Comment

I only use forum runner on my phone. Fyi, the free one you can't post with.
                    Down side is you don't have access to some site features. Like I can't see anyone's sig's (only thing I can think of at the moment but I am at work).
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I find that CS and another site I'm a member of display and work fine on the ipad without forum runner.
                      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

I have Forum Runner and use it daily - but mostly because the paid version was a lot cleaner on the iPhone than the Safari browser. For an iPad? The browser should be fine.

Comment

Guess who's now in the 21st century and also posting from her new toy? Yay!!!!!!

Comment

'grats KK! I'm sure you'll lurve it.

Great spot to ask a quick question too - does anyone use one of the forum apps (ForumRunner, Tapatalk, etc.) for vBulletin here? I use my iPhone rarely to occasionally for browsing and wonder if one of them would be useful. Thanks.

Comment

Quoth sms001
                              'does anyone use one of the forum apps (ForumRunner, Tapatalk, etc.) for vBulletin here? I use my iPhone rarely to occasionally for browsing and wonder if one of them would be useful. Thanks.
                              I use forum runner every day. It's pretty handy and if I didn't have it I would only be on cs maybe once a week (roomie bogarts the computer).
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Thanks dragon. Looks like I coulda just refreshed the page and you wouldn't have had to do all that typing

Comment

Working...
                                X