X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hina and the Hit and Run

I got hit by a fucking car today!

So I had just finished class and Iwas walking down the sidewalk thinking that on such a hot day it would be lovely to go for a swim. I was almost to the exit of the parking lot, when a red car started pulling through. It looked as though they would make it before I got to that part of the sidewalk, so chose to slow my gait and let them pass. The exit of the parking lot intersects the sidewalk in front of the school. Just as the red car was going to pull out, a huge dump truck blocked her exit and she had to wait. Now, the red car was sitting on the sidewalk. She wasn't in the street at all. Front wheels on the sidewalk, backwheels still in the parking lot.

A black car pulled up behind her, just as I was reaching the intersection of the sidewalk and parking lot. The driver of the black car turned to me and gave me a wave to indicate I could pass between their vehicle and the one in front. I gave them a nod, and started to cross between the two cars. I was halfway between the two vehicles when the red car BACKED UP!

The trunk caught me in the left arm, and the bumper caught me in the left leg. It hurt very badly, and I screamed. I was luckily not knocked over by the red car because when she backed up she sent me boucing back to the front bumper of the black car. I looked up as this was happening, and saw the woman in the red car cover her mouth in shock. She knew she hit me.

So I stumbled the rest of the way back to the sidwalk, stopping once I as no longer in the parking lot intersection. I didn't walk any farther than the edge of the sidwalk, just far enough to not be standing in the middle of the intersection anymore. I then turned around to get a look at the car that hit me. Just in time to see the red car pull away and driveoff. I wasn't able to get the make or model. I then looked to see if my witness was still there, but the black car had taken off as well. I didn't have the plate numbers for either. There was no one else around who would have witnessed what had happened. I called 911, and the dispatcher made me stand on the side of the road to wait for the police.

Actually she ordered me to head down the street to an actual crossroads to wait for the police instead of staying where I was. The officer arrived, and I gave him what little information I could, though he didn't ask that many questions. Since i had refused an ambulance, I then had to walk the 4km to the hospital.

The good news is that other than a few nasty cuts and bruises, I am perfectly fine.

Still I can't believe someone would do something like that.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

OMG...I am so sorry you got hit. The driver of the red car I'm guessing had NO reason to back up...and what if you hadn't been there and she went into the black car? Would they still both have driven off after a accident?

I think you should do a letter to the editor as a letter to the lady in the red car. Maybe she would feel horrible enough to turn herself in for a hit and run.

Comment

What a horrible thing to happen, Hina - I'm so glad you weren't badly hurt *gives hugs, chocolate chip cookies and frothy milkshake of your choice*
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Yeah people still do that.

One of my former shipmates was severely injured in a hit-and-run earlier this month. The last update was that she was still in ICU. I'm not sure if the docs are still keeping her in a coma, and the hospital location remains undisclosed. Then again if she *IS* conscious she might not want visitors yet anyway, not until she gets use to the facial reconstruction surgery they had to do during her coma.

yeah, it was that severe.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post

I can.

When I was high school, a guy in the grade below me got hit by a car and killed as he was walking along a road. The driver of the vehicle that hit him kept right on going down the road.

This was 15 years ago. The police never figured out who did it. That case has gone stone cold.

Glad to hear you are (mostly) all right.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

*hugs* Some people just have no decency. You don't hit a person with a vehicle and drive off. Wonder if the place they were parked at has any sort of cameras.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That's really horrible. I can't stand people who do that. Cowards. I'm glad you're mostly okay! Try to take it easy for a few days if you can.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I can.

When I was high school, a guy in the grade below me got hit by a car and killed as he was walking along a road. The driver of the vehicle that hit him kept right on going down the road.

This was 15 years ago. The police never figured out who did it. That case has gone stone cold.

Glad to hear you are (mostly) all right.
                Happened to a guy I knew in college who was walking home on the sidewalk of a WELL LIT road! One can only guess how intoxicated the driver must have been to go up on the sidewalk and then leave somebody dying there

You are so lucky!! It could have been so much worse!
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I have a friend who was hit by a car once (not a hit and run, thankfully). He said as he was flying up onto the hood of this car he was thinking "It's not supposed to hurt like this!", referring to every action movie ever where the hero gets hit, rolls all the way over the car, gets up, dusts himself off and keeps running.

He was kidding, of course. He didn't really think that.
                  "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

At least in the USA if someone waves you and you get hit, its their fault. Possibly why the black car took off. Still sucks either way, glad you are ok

Comment

The behavior of some people is just disgusting! Glad you're pretty much ok. Maybe the person will feel guilty and turn themselves in, or maybe a nearby store or lot might have a camera that could help.
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Careful hugs, and I'm sorry to hear that happened to you Hina. I know how it feels; I've experienced 2 hit and runs in my life, though they were different drivers and the incidents were about a decade apart. One was caught the other was never found. I'm glad you are ok, but yes it's horrid. Take care of yourself.

Comment

We have an ongoing case around here where they know who did it but he's been stonewalling the cops.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                            At least in the USA if someone waves you and you get hit, its their fault. Possibly why the black car took off. Still sucks either way, glad you are ok
                            It wasn't the driver of the black car's fault though. It was the person in front of them who caused it.

Odds are that since there's no damage to the car and not enough details, nothing will come up unfortunately. A letter to the school's newspaper won't do anything because anyone with so few morals that they'd hit someone then run away clearly won't be that bothered by a seeing the story in the paper.
                            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                            X