This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my town

Is being visited by Mitt Romney...tomorrow. eek.

Haven't been in any locales w/ a high profile political visit since 9/11, but I'm sure it hasn't gotten any saner.

Once worked during a Reagan 'drive-through.' Downtown bar, had to get there at ungodly o'clock. Bossman thought we'd be packed, and for a change he was right. Served dressed-to-the-nines Republicans an unreal amount of bloody marys for two hours, watched them crowd the street facing windows for the thirty seconds it took for a tinted window limo to drive past, collected my surprisingly substantial tips and went back home to bed.

Watch it on TV is my hearty recommendation

Comment

Trust me, it hasn't. I'm in a 'critical swing state' (bite me) so we get both sides of the coin. Frequently. And even occasionally near my office. That sucks boulders.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Times like this I really value being able to walk to work. Miss the traffic and don't mind one bit.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          Times like this I really value being able to walk to work. Miss the traffic and don't mind one bit.
          Heh. A presidential motorcade will prevent even that, if you have to cross a street he needs. My co-worker found that out the hard way. He walks to work, and had no problems getting here, and going home for lunch. Coming back? Nope. No crossing the street. Go home. We'll open up for crossing in about half an hour.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

My condolences.
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Just a quick reminder folks...let's stay on the sucky side effects of Romney coming to town and stay away from the political aspects.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I had to deal with the ramifications of Obama being in town a few weeks back. Of course he was appearing at the convention center right on my Max line, right at the time I was going home

It's such a pain when you can't cross a street or overpass.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Thankfully, I live and work in an area that is unlikely to ever see a political motorcade roll through.

Though I do sometimes get to see the sideshow when somebody invades protected air space at LAX, since Long Beach is the closest southerly airport people get diverted to.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh man, I remember when Bush came to our town, we were trying to go eat at the local Outback with our buddies, and we got stopped by several police cars. They turned us away, and we were extremely confused, until we noticed a giant mass of very intimidating looking guys around the place.

We honestly thought there was a murder/robbery/something...up until we found out, nope, President Bush wanted a steak.

...lucky dude. We had to settle for mediocre riblets. :<

I just advise staying in home, grab frozen dinners if you have to. Avoid the chaos! LOL
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Ohhh yeah...i stayed in. Massive traffic is not my friend. We are semi used to these events, but they are not my cup of java

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                        Ohhh yeah...i stayed in. Massive traffic is not my friend. We are semi used to these events, but they are not my cup of java
                        ....All I could think of was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfzrBcjoBs
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

There was the time a certain Vice Presidential candidate did a book signing at our store.

That was fun. Especially given that we had a snowstorm hit the same day.

AND I hadn't had any sleep the night before.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Obama & Mitt are regulars in this town

Do you know what routes to avoid to stay away from traffic?

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                              I had to deal with the ramifications of Obama being in town a few weeks back. Of course he was appearing at the convention center right on my Max line, right at the time I was going home

It's such a pain when you can't cross a street or overpass.
                              I remember it took me 3 hours to go from the airport to Hillsboro, because of course every thing had to come to a screeching halt across the whole city. Bah!!

Comment

Working...
                              X