X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Moron! No Touch!

This one was from a few days ago.

When I come into work in the morning, I find that my boss was woken up in the middle of the night for this little pearl of stupid.

At 8pm the previous night at a dairy processing plant (I think, what they do is actuality irrelevant) one of the employees noticed one of the drives had an error signal.

Now drives will often say something along the lines of "Fault 203" or some such when they have a problem. Even newer ones that give better details still need some one with experience or a technical manual and experience to fix it.

So the guy, like anyone whose parents were related and drank when he was in the womb, started to try to reprogram the drive. Which made the problem go from a error to a full blown cluster F***. Now the drive was no longer receiving any input from the outside world.

So they call the shop, which gives the number for the pager, which the boss has. And he gets the page at midnight.

because they decided to wait 4 hours after the problem was at its worse before getting help. Behold the horrors of fetal alcohol syndrome and inbreeding.

So they bitch and moan. Since most of the plant was up and running, boss says it is not in face an emergency and a man will be sent out in the morning. Have a good night. Click.

Had they called, oh say, around 9pm, he would have been awake and less prone to being pissed. Still he would have told them to hold their horses until morning.

Later in the morning we send out guy out. Not first thing, since that would be nice. The day shift guy is embarrassed to be in the same job and the night shift, and perhaps the same species.

Our guy comes back with this story. Some how the moron managed to isolate the control panel from the drive, and the drive from the motor. For those who don't know, think of it as the keyboard being isolated from the computer. Only more so. So after an hour of tinkering he sorted it all out.

This is why we place pass codes on all drives we service, and never give out the code no matter how much they threaten us.
    "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

There is nothing as dangerous as a resourceful idiot.

Comment

I originally read this as "BAD MORMON! DON'T TOUCH!" whoops, good thing I reread that, or else I'd be replying "where's the mormons in this story? I expected a story of mormons." Why would you play with something you don't know about? I mean how does that person know that the machine doesn't have an automatic self-destruct sequence. Milk can be very valuble in the wrong hands, and should be protected as such. *shifty eyes* Shhh, don't let the mole people know the powers of milk. *goes back into corner*
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

I also was expecting something else, like an SC getting grabby or something.

Today I had a lady ask me a question about the folding chairs that fold up into their own carrying bag ("quad chairs" we call 'em). Specifically, she wanted to know how much weight the chair would support.

She wasn't a big gal so I just kinda hemmed and hawed and said she should be alright in it. Then she started saying something else and grabbed my wrist while she was saying it. I don't know what she said because I was thinking about this wristlock she had me in.

She wasn't sucky or gross or anything; otherwise I probably would've shouted "No touchy!" or something.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
        X