This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
    anybody remember the War of The Worlds Radio show and the pandemonium it caused?
    Definitely remember hearing about that.

I think they had a replay of that radio show somewhere recently, they notified the public that they were replaying it and still people thought it was real and had a lot of phone calls to the police about it. Not sure where or what station it was on, but I vaguely remember hearing about it.
    Last edited by Ree; 08-11-2007, 01:39 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

i saw today on 40 greatest reality show moments on vh1 that our good buddy kermie received one of the honors

for being on extreme make over home edition filling in for the host while he was helping out katrina victims. poor kermie was trying to interview a toddler about what he wanted for his room and was pretty much well, you can watch and see for your self, here is the link the scene is one of the first in the clip set for this particular show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNtqYQUY16Y
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

I love that episode! I almost cried from laughing so hard.

Miss Piggy, of course, was supervising the furniture placement, from the furniture, of course.
        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

One would think that at ten the child would know the difference between what is real and a cartoon themselves would you not.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
            Actually, Sherwood Schwartz (the creator of Gilligan's Island) stated that while the show still was in production in the mid sixties, he received several telegrams and letters forwarded from the Coast Guard written by people demanding the government step in and try to find the castaways. He was dumbfounded that anyone took the show to be reality.
            I witnessed a similar incident back in 1975. Leonard Nimoy had come to my home town campaigning for George McGovern for President. After his talk, he took questions from the audience, both on poitics and Star Trek. All was going well until some Rhodes Scholar asjed the following question:

"How did they get that spaceship up there?"

Apparantly, the guy thought they actually filmed Star Trek in space.

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post

"How did they get that spaceship up there?"
              "The same way they did the moon landing in 1969, genius: throught the magic of television."
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
              X